Thread: Active Shooter at Ohio State

The law is of supreme importance, or no importance.
    Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Default Active Shooter at Ohio State

Just saw the campus alert on Twitter.

Praying that it's somehow a hoax and that I'm wrong.

Ugh. I hope it is nothing.
    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland

Just saw it on a news feed reading Adam's mock Jones PC.
    Shut up and coach.

The law is of supreme importance, or no importance.
    Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

It's now sounding more involved than first reported:

"the incident began around 9:30 a.m. when firefighters were responding to reports of a chlorine leak at the chemical engineering building. Someone had run a vehicle into the building, and then someone started attacking people inside the building with a knife."

Link: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-sta...ter-on-campus/

Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post
    It's now sounding more involved than first reported:

"the incident began around 9:30 a.m. when firefighters were responding to reports of a chlorine leak at the chemical engineering building. Someone had run a vehicle into the building, and then someone started attacking people inside the building with a knife."

Link: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ohio-sta...ter-on-campus/

I am/was a certified HAZMAT initial response certified firefighter. If I would have ever seen a green cloud (chlorine gas), I'm using the rule of thumb method in my response.

I'll close one eye & extend my arm with thumb raised in front of the open eye. If I can still see the scene around my thumb, I'm too close & will retreat more.
    Shut up and coach.

Saw that a car ran into some people with seven or so folks taken to the hospital.
    Do unto others before they do unto you

Quote Originally Posted by fl0at_ View Post
    Saw that a car ran into some people with seven or so folks taken to the hospital.
    I read the attacker is dead.
    Shut up and coach.

Let's hope the attacker's is the only death.
    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland