Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GOP's "Splitter Strategy" Failed, Backfires

Quote Originally Posted by IP View Post
    The deficit has decreased under Obama, for the record
    You know they've already agreed to an 8 percent spending increase for next year right? That and there is a temporary social security surplus

The law is of supreme importance, or no importance.
    Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

A brokered GOP convention would be a casus belli against its members.

Lyle's lynch mob community organizer
    IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by Volst53 View Post
    Just because of creative accounting though. It's like a NFL team signing a player and back loading the salary cap hit at the end of his contract
    Ya, show me the cost of the wars in W's budgets
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    I tried. I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends.

Obama has be pretty hawkish as well and I think you'd be hard pressed to find me giving credit to republicans for being fiscally responsible either.

Holy deflection batman!

The deficit has decreased under Obama, for the record
    Don't ruin a red meat talking point for the RINO haters.
    Shut up and coach.

I'm not a Trump guy, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the Trump phenomenon. It's amazing to watch the entrenched ones squirm. If nothing else, I hope this blows up the current system. A good shake up of what the the political system has become is the opposite of a bad thing.
    Shut up and coach.

Didn't see this posted by anyone (it might be in the linked article?).

From wiki (pretty heavy handed by the RNC):

The Republican National Committee had imposed strict new rules for states wishing to hold early contests in 2016.[99] Under these rules, no state would have been permitted to hold a primary or caucus in January; and only Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada was entitled to February contests. States with early-March primaries or caucuses should award their delegates proportionally. Any state that might have violated these rules was to get their delegation to the 2016 convention severely cut: states with more than 30 delegates would have been deprived of all but nine, plus RNC members from that state; states with fewer than 30 will would have been reduced to six, plus RNC members.[99] In contrast to the 2012 cycle no states violated these rules.

Quote Originally Posted by JayVols View Post
    I'm not a Trump guy, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the Trump phenomenon. It's amazing to watch the entrenched ones squirm. If nothing else, I hope this blows up the current system. A good shake up of what the the political system has become is the opposite of a bad thing.
    The farther we get in to this thing, the more and more I think I want to see him win.

IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by droski View Post
    Holy deflection batman!
    Deflection? Wars are free?

Deflection? Wars are free?
    Bush is relevant to this how?

Status
    See Ignore List

Because his spending preceded Obama's, which is why spending went down

Because his spending preceded Obama's, which is why spending went down
    $1 trillion in tarp being credited to bush is why spending is showing as flat. So Obama both gets credit for the banks repaying their loans during his presidency and gets the spending credited to bush. To pretend this shows some sort of fiscal responsibility by Obama is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by droski View Post
    $1 trillion in tarp being credited to bush is why spending is showing as flat. So Obama both gets credit for the banks repaying their loans during his presidency and gets the spending credited to bush. To pretend this shows some sort of fiscal responsibility by Obama is ludicrous.
    Absolutely. The trillion dollar repayment to buddies and pushing the obamacare disaster onto the next admin is how this idiot makes it look like he didn't just piss away enormous money. His fiscal record, in the long run, will be the worst in history.

Status
    See Ignore List

*if we pretend war spending doesn't exist

*if we pretend war spending doesn't exist
    If we aren't smart enough to add multiple years of spending together.

Status
    See Ignore List

Multiple years of nation building? Oh right, not smart enough.

Multiple years of nation building? Oh right, not smart enough.
    A strange way to describe increasing racial tensions, increasing terrorist vulnerability, and pushing through a cluster f**k of an insurance program. You are not stupid, but you are blinded by your ideology.
    Speak your mind but ride a fast horse.

Getting older is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by rbroyles View Post
    A strange way to describe increasing racial tensions, increasing terrorist vulnerability, and pushing through a cluster f**k of an insurance program. You are not stupid, but you are blinded by your ideology.
    broyles, this is the second time we have had a total breakdown in communication. I was calling it nation-building sarcastically, that is a Rumsfeld term. The dispute being had here is that folks are criticizing Obama for a spending increase, which can only be measured as such if one ignores the money spent in Iraq and Afghanistan.

broyles, this is the second time we have had a total breakdown in communication. I was calling it nation-building sarcastically, that is a Rumsfeld term. The dispute being had here is that folks are criticizing Obama for a spending increase, which can only be measured as such if one ignores the money spent in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Again, do some financial homework. All operation are measured by ongoing expense and remove one time items. All of them. Ever seen a quarterly report? Ever read a 10k?

Avoiding the huge turd burger that made you orgasmic is the only way you can make such a silly pronouncement, but I'm actually not sure if you actually knew that. Maybe it isn't just you avoiding reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Volst53 View Post
    They didn't do it while in full control with W either.
    The Rinos during the W era had no fiscal restraint. That is why they lost in 2006. The dems and Rinos are one in the same when it comes to spending. Ryan, Boehner, and MCConnell have proven that by rubber stamping Obamas spending agenda.

It's really not rinos. It is simply today's GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by warhammer View Post
    It's really not rinos. It is simply today's GOP.
    Yip. But instead of vote for Rand Paul or someone who might conceivably try to do something about it, we go all in on Trump. There is absolutely no political will to fix the budget in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Smith View Post
    Yip. But instead of vote for Rand Paul or someone who might conceivably try to do something about it, we go all in on Trump. There is absolutely no political will to fix the budget in this country.
    aaaaaaand. . . this

Quote Originally Posted by JayVols View Post
    apart from a strong desire to see douchebaggery punished, I'm with you here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast