Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Let's Make a Third Party

Lyle's lynch mob community organizer
    IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by MWR View Post
    That's where "Frivolous" comes into play.

or, it could be kinda like gambling, don't bet more than you can afford to lose.
    I like the concept, I'm just not sure how to execute it. I hate frivolous lawsuits, but sometimes they're not. Like the McDonald's coffee woman. Everyone laughed and thought it absurd, but then you see the degree of her injuries from a cup of coffee and you see she has a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    I tried. I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by IP View Post
    I like the concept, I'm just not sure how to execute it. I hate frivolous lawsuits, but sometimes they're not. Like the McDonald's coffee woman. Everyone laughed and thought it absurd, but then you see the degree of her injuries from a cup of coffee and you see she has a point.
    Coffee is hot

Quote Originally Posted by justingroves View Post
    Coffee is hot
    Who knew??!?

IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Coffee is hot
    Look up her burns. She was served caffeinated napalm.

I wonder what the deal was there. Spills are typically glancing and don't really cause that much damage. It's like she dumped the entire cup all over herself and just let her flesh marinate.

Quote Originally Posted by kptvol View Post
    I wonder what the deal was there. Spills are typically glancing and don't really cause that much damage. It's like she dumped the entire cup all over herself and just let her flesh marinate.
    Yeah, coffee burns can be pretty nasty but those photos are more like acid or hot oil burns...

How hot can 212 degrees be?

Term limits, no more lobbyists, all legislature members pay into Social Security just as we do, no pension other than match what they put in, same type of health insurance as we have, salaries reduced, increases based on cost of living index only. No more free services such as barber shops, pay their way just like we do.

Flat rate income tax with all deductions other than dependents eliminated.

Comprehensive welfare reform, mainly requiring seeking work for those able to work.

Increase benefits to military when discharged, make reparations for those killed in action, and add to payments for those wounded.

Rather than spend Billions on building a wall, and spending many millions on immigration control, pay those to stay in Mexico. Got to be cheaper.

Improve Homeland Security, do extensive background checks on immigrants, paying particular attention to those from countries known to be housing terrorists. Increase penalties and deportation for immigrants that are found to be involved with terrorism.
    Great big mouths and red hot heads and closed up minds that have The Answer
    Post the memes and swell the gaps and share the hate that feeds the cancer
    arob 2016 from the song "Infected" by Annie Robine.tte

Getting older is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by rbroyles View Post
    Term limits, no more lobbyists, all legislature members pay into Social Security just as we do, no pension other than match what they put in, same type of health insurance as we have, salaries reduced, increases based on cost of living index only. No more free services such as barber shops, pay their way just like we do.

Comprehensive welfare reform, mainly requiring seeking work for those able to work.

Increase benefits to military when discharged, make reparations for those killed in action, and add to payments for those wounded.

Rather than spend Billions on building a wall, and spending many millions on immigration control, pay those to stay in Mexico. Got to be cheaper.

Improve Homeland Security, do extensive background checks on immigrants, paying particular attention to those from countries known to be housing terrorists. Increase penalties and deportation for immigrants that are found to be involved with terrorism.
    I hereby nominate RBroyles as this third party's first candidate for president. He can make these things happen to the legislators, and better still - make them like it.

Coffee is hot
    Link?

How about doing something about gang activity. A lot of residents are held hostage in their own neighborhood.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by kptvol View Post
    She was in a car and dumped it in her lap. McDonald's also was brewing their coffee hot as hell to keep people from getting as many free refills.

Status
    See Ignore List

This portion is rock solid. Not sure how you enforce no lobbyists, but I like the idea.

Status
    See Ignore List

Not saying I disagree, but why deductions for dependents? What is the rationale?
    Good idea, but the devil will be in the details
    Depends on details for me here. Medical care for any and all service-related conditions should be given at a high quality. I'm fine with reparations for those KIA. I think details will matter when it comes to extra payments for wounded, and I'm also in favor of foreign wars being made a matter of public voting with those voting yes automatically registering for draft service if necessary (in whatever capacity they can contribute, even if it is processing paperwork for others at bootcamp)
    I don't understand the point of this. I don't think it is a viable solution.
    I like the idea, but I'm not sure what more can be done on this front. The penalty for being involved with terrorism seems pretty steep as-is.
    My comments in bold.

Too long. Did not read. If our platform doesn't fit on a bumper sticker, I'm out.
    "I reckon I'm as American as anyone from Tennessee."
    -Woodrow Call

Status
    See Ignore List

That should be the bumper sticker: "Our platform does not fit here"

She originally just wanted McDonald's to pay for the medical expenses (~$20,000), Mc Donalds offered $800. Kept escalating monetarily from there.
    Not bright enough? Where does that even come from. I'm 31 years old and a highly decorated journalist. Ive done more things in 3 decades then most will in their entire life. I am certainly bright and intelligent. I work in a field that demands it.

According to the lawsuit it was between 180-190F,which is actually considered below optimal brewing temp. Serving temp was asked to be no higher than 140f. What got her apparently we're the cotton pants she was wearing soaked it all up and held it against her skin.
    Last edited by InVolNerable; 03-08-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Plank #1: give a shit about people.

Not as a one-issue sound-byte, but genuinely prioritizing this in all our decisions. Leave war as a last resort, because we give a shit about the collateral damage it does. Examine all domestic policy to make sure it's not throwing a segment of the population under the bus (you can see this in the justice system, entitlement reforms, worker protections, etc.). Listen to people you disagree with, rather than shouting them down. I'd like to extend this to being pro-life, but since I'm sure I'll get pushback on that, at least ban abortion post-fetal viability.

IMO, the majority of people don't care about the specific policy nearly as much as they want to know that their leaders aren't ignoring them and/or throwing them under the bus. Start with that, and we're on the right track.

My comments in bold.
    I don't understand the point of this. I don't think it is a viable solution.

That one was really tongue in cheek.

Getting older is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by hallowed_hill View Post
    Too long. Did not read. If our platform doesn't fit on a bumper sticker, I'm out.
    You are so average voter.

That should be the bumper sticker: "Our platform does not fit here"
    Here is your bumper sticker: Freedom Equality Democracy Unity Party

Quote Originally Posted by kmf600 View Post
    Marshall law
    Martial Plan

Here is your bumper sticker: Freedom Equality Democracy Unity Party

I say shorten it to the Freedom Unity Party. Could make for some really lively bumper stickers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast