Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Make a Third Party

The law is of supreme importance, or no importance.
    Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Default Let's Make a Third Party

A group of smart people could start a third Party, based on little more than a largely agreeable platform of the most common sense ideals, and run absolutely roughshod over this current shit-show. Rough. Shod.

Today's climate practically demands it. The problem is that most with the money and influence to do it, have already entrenched themselves to the respective shit-shows of either the Dems or GOP.

But the time is nearly perfect for someone, anyone to do it.

If if we can gain consensus here, it can be won, anywhere.

So, let's begin here, and see. What's the first plank?

Classical liberalism would be the plank I'd start with first

Pragmatism
    Shut up and coach.

The law is of supreme importance, or no importance.
    Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

None of these make a good bumper sticker, HuffPo headline, O'Reilly talking point, or is suitable for placement on the front of a ballcap.

We're already crushing it.

Lyle's lynch mob community organizer
    IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

classical liberalism is a good starting point.

A balanced budget being mandatory unless specific emergency conditions are met would also be good. Mechanisms could be developed to encourage entities to save and return unused funds rather than spending it all in the hopes of getting larger budgets in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    I tried. I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends.

"Show me the money". How else can any candidate spend millions and millions of dollars for a job that pays under 2 million in 4 years?

"Kill your Darlings"

Overhaul:
    Military
    Social Security
    Medicare

And we can get into specifics on the above as well: shrink but strengthen the military. We don't need a million man standing military, nor with modern air power a base in 100 countries.

Social Security needs its age of retirement adjusted badly. 70+ minimum. When SS was enacted, 1% of the population was old enough to draw, meaning 99% could pay into it and afford it just fine. Now 10% of the population is old enough to draw.

Medicare. I am in favor of a single payer system, but that is me.

Decriminalize Marijuana, LSD and most other drugs.
    Last edited by NorrisAlan; 03-08-2016 at 02:16 PM.
    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland

Fair tax. As originally developed by John Linder.

We don't care about about which gender you "feel", your penis is going to keep you off limits to the womens' restroom, Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by JT5 View Post
    We don't care about about which gender you "feel", your penis is going to keep you off limits to the womens' restroom, Carl.
    Yes

Freedom Equality Democracy Unity Party
    Speak your mind but ride a fast horse.

Getting older is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.

Self-imposed term limits. No professional politicians.

How 'bout we stop sending hundreds of billions dollars to foreign entities and rebuild America's infrastructure...schools,bridges,small towns,roads... End the fed(if the foreign banks don't like it, introduce them to the 1st marine division,101st airborne).... Build the wall...17% flat tax...fire Hart/Booger.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by woodshed View Post
    How 'bout we stop sending hundreds of billions dollars to foreign entities and rebuild America's infrastructure...schools,bridges,small towns,roads... End the fed(if the foreign banks don't like it, introduce them to the 1st marine division,101st airborne).... Build the wall...17% flat tax...fire Hart/Booger.
    ending the fed would be a great way to make sure this country goes under.

Quote Originally Posted by droski View Post
    ending the fed would be a great way to make sure this country goes under.
    Please enlighten me.

Please enlighten me.
    no way we get out of 08 without the fed

Quote Originally Posted by droski View Post
    no way we get out of 08 without the fed
    How 'bout reform the fed...What would you change about it?

Please enlighten me.
    We haven't paid a debt since WW1. Ending the way to live above our means wouldn't be pretty

How 'bout reform the fed...What would you change about it?
    nothing, I don't personally consider the fed our problem. it's probably the best run govt agency in the country with the brightest people making good decisions. I'd like to see the treasury issue a lot more long maturities, but that's a different situation.

How about change the bolded to "Those who file Frivolous Lawsuits will be liable to pay the one they sued the amount they were suing for - if they lose. (if the 'suers' don't pay the 'suees', introduce them to the 1st marine division, 101st airborne)." ? BAM, the court system is relieved of a lot of congestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Volst53 View Post
    We haven't paid a debt since WW1. Ending the way to live above our means wouldn't be pretty
    Borrowing money from China then giving said money to other countries seems like a debt to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MWR View Post
    How about change the bolded to "Those who file Frivolous Lawsuits will be liable to pay the one they sued the amount they were suing for - if they lose. (if the 'suers' don't pay the 'suees', introduce them to the 1st marine division, 101st airborne)." ? BAM, the court system is relieved of a lot of congestion.
    lol

Lyle's lynch mob community organizer
    IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by MWR View Post
    So only the wealthy can afford to sue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    I tried. I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by IP View Post
    So only the wealthy can afford to sue?
    That's where "Frivolous" comes into play.

or, it could be kinda like gambling, don't bet more than you can afford to lose.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast