Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Episode 8

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Wasn't it stated multiple times that Luke was considered a phenomenal pilot on his home planet?

Let's not pretend that "Use the force, Luke" was blowing up the death star for him. Obi Wan basically told him to trust in himself and his own abilities / relationship with the force (whatever the hell that even means).

Also, he most certainly seemed to hold his own with Vader in Return of the Jedi. I don't buy that that whole fight was "staged."
    Let me put it in terms you can understand: if Luke was playing Madden, he'd be cheesing.
    Do unto others before they do unto you

Lyle's lynch mob community organizer
    IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by droski View Post
    it was a great show, but I just thought it went too long with that
    Too long, or failed to have an endgame? I think 4 seasons was fine, they just didn't write a good 4th season. Seriously, you, me, and a bottle of whiskey could write a better final season arc within a weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    I tried. I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends.

I recently re-watched 6 and 7. I kept an eye towards 8. Even in 6 as old as it is there is the foreshadowing we see in 7 and probably 8. I was surprised at some of the continuity. I have gotten over some of the rehashed themes from 4 that found its way into 7. It allowed me to enjoy it more a second time. They just weren't necessary and for older fans an annoying distraction. Even the title for 8 comes from a Yoda deathbed quote. One could take the title to mean that the Jedi are at an end, a transference from Luke to Rey of the title or that it merely refers to Luke.
    Baruch Haba B'shem Adonai​

Quote Originally Posted by IP View Post
    Too long, or failed to have an endgame? I think 4 seasons was fine, they just didn't write a good 4th season. Seriously, you, me, and a bottle of whiskey could write a better final season arc within a weekend.
    fair.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6