Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: DC's Spam and Trolling Thread

Lyle's lynch mob community organizer
    IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by VolDad View Post
    It was the 2nd post in this thread, a Bernie supporter, that linked the 2 together.
    Pretty sure it was the original post that did that. Although I suppose it could be argued you did, when in the other thread you suggested Sanders calling the president the most dangerous in history contributed to a gunman attacking the congressional GOP baseball team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    I tried. I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends.

IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by dc4utvols View Post
    Giffords was NOT shot by a conservative, person on the right or republican. She was shot by a paranoid schizophrenic. He also killed a "republican" judge and several others.

In fact this incident bolsters his claims because the media tried to claim it was a right wing person and also tried to imply that Sarah Palin had inflamed the situation with a graphic used in the campaign against Giffords.

The young man had met Giffords and was infatuated with her long before Palin's ad. The media and the left ran with this blame game until it was shown that he was a nut who was obsessed with Giffords.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ightwing-rants

Definitely a nut. Honestly, he reminds me of someone around here.

Quote Originally Posted by IP View Post
    Pretty sure it was the original post that did that. Although I suppose it could be argued you did, when in the other thread you suggested Sanders calling the president the most dangerous in history contributed to a gunman attacking the congressional GOP baseball team.
    Actually I asked a question; one you seem incapable of answering. I assume because the honest answer would paint your boy in a bad light.

... If rhetoric was partially to blame for the Giffords shooting as Sanders claimed, cant it also be claimed that rhetoric was partially to blame for this shooting. And Sanders as a contributor to the rhetoric is part of the problem and not the solution.
    He was either wrong then and was trying to use the Giffords tragedy for his own political gain or he was right then and part of the problem now.
    Last edited by VolDad; 06-17-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Raise the retirement age from 66 to 70. Done

Quote Originally Posted by droski View Post
    This has to be done. People are living too long to be on social security for half their adult life.
    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland

Most folks I know plan on working into their 70's anyway but making it actual law would be the right thing to do.

Exactly. If they had indexed the retirement age to life expectancy when they created Social Security, the retirement age today would be 74 and we'd have no social security problem.

Privatize SS. Done.
    Not bright enough? Where does that even come from. I'm 31 years old and a highly decorated journalist. Ive done more things in 3 decades then most will in their entire life. I am certainly bright and intelligent. I work in a field that demands it.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Sun Devil View Post
    Most folks I know plan on working into their 70's anyway but making it actual law would be the right thing to do.
    You don't have to retire to draw SS, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by kptvol View Post
    Nope

May ultimately need to be higher than that to be honest. When SS was created, most people died before even reaching the retirement age. Now almost everyone lives several years beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by SGMVols View Post
    May ultimately need to be higher than that to be honest. When SS was created, most people died before even reaching the retirement age. Now almost everyone lives several years beyond it.
    The projections I've seen have shown that will fix the problem for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by kptvol View Post
    No, but if you aren't in full retirement there is a clawback

Status
    See Ignore List

Moving SS to 70 is entirely reasonable. I know some folks will raise hell, but a 70 year old is better off than a 65 year old was several years ago.

Moving SS to 70 is entirely reasonable. I know some folks will raise hell, but a 70 year old is better off than a 65 year old was several years ago.
    You'll still have the option to take it at 66, you will just have to take a reduced payment.

Status
    See Ignore List

Actually I asked a question; one you seem incapable of answering. I assume because the honest answer would paint your boy in a bad light.

He was either wrong then and was trying to use the Giffords tragedy for his own political gain or he was right then and part of the problem now.
    I answered the question I saw. I didn't realize what you just quoted was a question and not a rhetorical device. I am not trying to be pedantic, but there wasn't a question mark.

I do believe rhetoric is partly to blame and Sanders is part of that. Singling him out as the most noteworthy offender is just not accurate. I think I have been consistent on that both in this and the original thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GahLee View Post
    Yeah, I like dc

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisAlan View Post
    My youngest son whacked his shin on the coffee table and yelled out f***. I calmly said "listen, I am not stupid and I know what goes on at the school yard. But here at the house please keep a civil tongue. Especially around mom."
    My son gets hit in the marbles at his first coach pitch game. He's spent his entire life in a locker room thus far...

His first words?

"Oooowwwwwwww. Right in the DICK!!!" He's 5.

Half the mommas giggled. The rest almost fainted.
    Fire them all.

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by NYYVol View Post
    My son gets hit in the marbles at his first coach pitch game. He's spent his entire life in a locker room thus far...

His first words?

I feel like a kid gets to say whatever they need to in the moments after a shot to the land down under. It's truth serum, hard to filter anything before it is coming out of your mouth. Nobody wants to hear a 10 year old drop an eff bomb, but damn.

I feel like a kid gets to say whatever they need to in the moments after a shot to the land down under. It's truth serum, hard to filter anything before it is coming out of your mouth. Nobody wants to hear a 10 year old drop an eff bomb, but damn.
    It's a universal reaction

Quote Originally Posted by NYYVol View Post

His first words?

Awesome

The law is of supreme importance, or no importance.
    Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy Tenacious D Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

I believe that the true danger of conflict lies not only in the possibility for bias and personal bent, but that such can be unforeseen and undetectable, but beyond that which the subject themselves or those around them can fully mitigate or are even aware of. Simply, the nature of conflict is both real and can occur, both when seen and even despite our best and most sincere efforts to prevent it. And, it is also entirely true that many mistakes are possible - and are often made - in trying to combat the appearance of conflict, but which may be equally errant and just as concerning.

I believe that the likely possibility of any reasonable appearance of conflict should compel Mueller's recusal. I further believe that his relationship with James Comey represents both an actual and important conflict, and should prompt his recusal or replacement.

I have sincere and reasonable doubts about his ability to produce or reach any fair conclusions, and that any on either side will each be able to cry "conflict!", "witch hunt!" or "rigged!" - and such will be both immediately and reasonably alleged - no matter what conclusions he reaches, whether to condemn or exonerate Trump or anyone else, is only so much proof positive that a conflict does exist, and which should be remedied with his refusal.

If any wish to think that Mueller's involvement will be the move that "gets Trump"...be careful what you wish for, and understand the inherent difficulty of foretelling every twist and turn that may take. If Trump has committed any wrongdoing, be careful that he isn't turned into - or has room to form a reasonable argument - which makes him into a martyr, or even a sympathetic figure.

The Court of Public Opinion is a fickle beast.

Yes, Britney, and he probably isn't the only one here.

I have many fans from the other boards/social media sites I post on. It also doesn't hurt that I was/am the administrator but not a moderator on the two I ran/run. That way I dont have to play the heavy and can engage in dialogue with out others fearing that I might not be fair.

In fact I picked 3 mods to make it hard for any one person to be picked upon by a mod. One liberal, one moderate and one conservative.

I am about the free speech baby!
    Baruch Haba B'shem Adonai​

Phase it out. Its not an enumerated function of government anyway. Phase out should begin with 20 year olds at the time the phase out is instituted. The general fund owes it to the current people as its full of IOUs.

I don't have an objection to Cuban asylum, but I don't see what the difference is between them and a Mexican baby who grew up here or a Syrian refugee.
    Really? The asylum was granted to Cubans due to political persecution. Most South Americans are just poor and thats not a good enough reason. As for Syrians if they are Druze, Christian or Kurd then I would say ok because those are the persecuted groups. If they are a non-Kurdish Sunni, Shia or Allowite males then no way. Maybe females and males under 12.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast