Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Blackburn resigning

  1. #1

    Default Blackburn resigning

    From UTC. Times Free Press is reporting it.

  2. #2

    Default

    That's strange.

  3. #3

    Default

    Maybe Currie is fixing to jump ship

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Default

    I wouldn't want to work for the UT system either at this point. Hope he has a solid position lined up.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TennTradition View Post
    I wouldn't want to work for the UT system either at this point. Hope he has a solid position lined up.
    He resigned to "pursue other interests". That seems like odd wording if you're planning to go somewhere else but maybe I'm overthinking it.

  7. #7

    Default

    He came from a big business background, didn't he? Maybe he is fed up with college athletics and all the headaches that come with it.

    Whatever it is, I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does.
    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorrisAlan View Post
    He came from a big business background, didn't he? Maybe he is fed up with college athletics and all the headaches that come with it.

    Whatever it is, I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does.
    Interesting, I didn't know that.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NorrisAlan View Post
    He came from a big business background, didn't he? Maybe he is fed up with college athletics and all the headaches that come with it.

    Whatever it is, I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does.
    Politics will never be avoided in any collective setting. So unless it's a small enterprise and you are the chief, it's hard to avoid the political game of thrones. With that said, the game that played out around the AD position was pretty ridiculous. I could see him saying eff it.

  10. #10

    Default

    Disconnect and bickering between athletics and academic side of the university.
    Fire them all.

  11. #11

    Default

    If your one and only goal and purpose in life was to work your way towards becoming the AD at UTK...
    ...and you spent your whole career working towards that goal...
    ...and the job came open...
    ...and you were the best candidate (or at least felt you were the best candidate)...
    ...and you didn't get the job

    ...then you likely will never get the job, or you realize you don't ever want to work for the assholes that didn't hire you the first time around...

    ...in which case, the point of continuing to work towards a job that you'll never get becomes pointless.

    It sucks.
    I've been there.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TangoUniform View Post
    If your one and only goal and purpose in life was to work your way towards becoming the AD at UTK...
    ...and you spent your whole career working towards that goal...
    ...and the job came open...
    ...and you were the best candidate (or at least felt you were the best candidate)...
    ...and you didn't get the job

    ...then you likely will never get the job, or you realize you don't ever want to work for the assholes that didn't hire you the first time around...

    ...in which case, the point of continuing to work towards a job that you'll never get becomes pointless.

    It sucks.
    I've been there.
    i won't say this line of thinking didn't cross my mind
    Tennessee, sono solo con te, sempre per te, ma madonna, lo fai difficile qualche volta....

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TangoUniform View Post
    If your one and only goal and purpose in life was to work your way towards becoming the AD at UTK...
    ...and you spent your whole career working towards that goal...
    ...and the job came open...
    ...and you were the best candidate (or at least felt you were the best candidate)...
    ...and you didn't get the job

    ...then you likely will never get the job, or you realize you don't ever want to work for the assholes that didn't hire you the first time around...

    ...in which case, the point of continuing to work towards a job that you'll never get becomes pointless.

    It sucks.
    I've been there.
    Makes a lot of sense

  14. #14

    Default

    We can't have nice things

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NYYVol View Post
    Disconnect and bickering between athletics and academic side of the university.
    Probably a good thing he didn't come here then. We all know the shit show we have. He would have been miserable quickly.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zehr27 View Post
    Probably a good thing he didn't come here then. We all know the shit show we have. He would have been miserable quickly.
    Yes. And one of David's greatest attributes can also be one of his biggest issues with some.

    He takes no shit from anyone.
    Fire them all.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NYYVol View Post
    Yes. And one of David's greatest attributes can also be one of his biggest issues with some.

    He takes no shit from anyone.
    I like that about him, a lot.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TangoUniform View Post
    If your one and only goal and purpose in life was to work your way towards becoming the AD at UTK...
    ...and you spent your whole career working towards that goal...
    ...and the job came open...
    ...and you were the best candidate (or at least felt you were the best candidate)...
    ...and you didn't get the job

    ...then you likely will never get the job, or you realize you don't ever want to work for the assholes that didn't hire you the first time around...

    ...in which case, the point of continuing to work towards a job that you'll never get becomes pointless.

    It sucks.
    I've been there.
    ^^^^this is what I think^^^^
    Baruch Haba B'shem Adonai​

  19. #19

    Default

    Blackburn will be at the helm of a very successful P5 program soon....hopefully it won't be in the SEC, but I fear it will be.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 'BoroVol View Post
    Blackburn will be at the helm of a very successful P5 program soon....hopefully it won't be in the SEC, but I fear it will be.
    At this point, part of me would love to see him in the SEC so he could rub it in the faces of the people who thought Currie was the better hire.

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by utvol0427 View Post
    At this point, part of me would love to see him in the SEC so he could rub it in the faces of the people who thought Currie was the better hire.
    What if Currie IS the better hire?
    If he wasn't, how will we know Blackburn would have been better?
    What I if Blackburn takes an SEC job and isn't successful?
    How can a guy who has only been on the job a few months already be bad?

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dooz View Post
    What if Currie IS the better hire?
    If he wasn't, how will we know Blackburn would have been better?
    What I if Blackburn takes an SEC job and isn't successful?
    How can a guy who has only been on the job a few months already be bad?
    He hasn't fired bUTch yet.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •