Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Gunman shoots up gop softball practice

And I'm not saying you guys aren't capable of being civil, I'm saying that this thread in particular has yet to devolve into the crap fest that some of the others have
    Last edited by emainvol; 06-15-2017 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emainvol View Post
    And I'm not saying you guys aren't capable of being civil, I'm saying that this thread in particular has yet to devolve into the crap fest that some of the others have
    Go to h*ck
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Country Vol View Post
    What i saw last night was Stoops playing a well crafted game of chess. Jones was playing a game of checkers moving his piece back and forth like an idiot to avoid the king.
    9/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by VolDad View Post
    I like the Wrestling analogy starting at 2:30 mark
    Yep, that was good stuff.

I'm conservative in my values and in my personal life. But that is my life, everyone has free will to believe whatever they want to believe.
    If there was not a GOD, there would be no reason to be an Atheist.

Apparently Republican congressman suck at sports.
    Majority rules. 'Merica.

Quote Originally Posted by smokysbark View Post
    Old white guys smoking cigars
    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland

Quote Originally Posted by IP View Post
    Ya, I dont think he consulted Bernie on this course of action.

Lyle's lynch mob community organizer
    IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by smokysbark View Post
    Hard to talk smack when their team got shot up the day before.

But not impossible- who needs to score runs when the dems just redistribute the trophy to the losers anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    I tried. I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends.

IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Can't watch right now. Will look this evening.

Can't watch right now. Will look this evening.
    Pelley said, “It’s time to ask whether the attack on the United States Congress yesterday was foreseeable, predictable, and to some degree, self-inflicted. Too many leaders and political commentators who set an example for us to follow have led us into an abyss of violent rhetoric which, it should be no surprise, has led to violence. Yesterday was not the first time. In December of last year, a man with an assault rifle stormed into a Washington-area pizzeria to free child sex slaves whom Hillary Clinton was holding there—or at least, that’s what political blog sites had said. He fired into a locked door, to discover no children in chains.”

He continued, “Bernie Sanders has called the president the most dangerous in history, and the shooter yesterday was a Sanders volunteer. You might think that no sane person would act on political hate speech, and you’d be right. The trouble is, there are a lot of Americans who struggle with mental illness. In February, the president tweeted that the news media were the “enemy of the American people.” Later, at a lunch for reporters, President Trump was asked whether he worried that that language would incite violence. His pause indicated it had never crossed his mind. And then he said, ‘No, that doesn’t worry me.’ As children, we’re taught ‘words will never hurt me,’ but when you think about it, violence almost always begins with words. In Twitter world, we’ve come to believe that our first thought is our best thought. It’s past time for all of us, presidents, politicians, reporters, citizens, all of us, to pause, to think again.”

Status
    See Ignore List

It is noticable that the language used in political disagreements is more adversarial and violent.

It is noticable that the language used in political disagreements is more adversarial and violent.
    It seems that Bernie failed to heed his own advice after the Giffords shooting:

As the elder statesman of Arizona politics McCain needs to stand up and denounce the increasingly violent rhetoric coming from the right-wing and exert his influence to create a civil political environment in his state.

Quote Originally Posted by gcbvol View Post
    Agreed. I don't believe many of you guys venture over to the other place but that's exactly what the thread over there is all about. Pretty damn sad.
    That's what every political thread over there is all about

While I'd prefer politicians, political analysts, and pretty much anyone discussing politics behave with more civility, it's because of how divisive the rhetoric typically is and what it does to normal folks. I don't think we can walk around on eggshells because we are scared lunatics might act crazy based on something Bernie Sanders says.

Status
    See Ignore List

It seems that Bernie failed to heed his own advice after the Giffords shooting:

As the elder statesman of Arizona politics McCain needs to stand up and denounce the increasingly violent rhetoric coming from the right-wing and exert his influence to create a civil political environment in his state.
    If you think Bernie sanders is a major part of this problem, I dont think you are being realistic, objective, fair, or attentive. JMO.

If you think Bernie sanders is a major part of this problem, I dont think you are being realistic, objective, fair, or attentive. JMO.
    I think that Sanders, Warren, Ryan, Tea Party Wing, Waters and all in general are part of the problem. They would rather demonize the other party rather than work together to get anything done.

It hasn't always been that way. Tip O'Neil could work with Reagan. It has gotten bad. Shame on us for putting these jackasses up there over and over.
    Last edited by VolDad; 06-16-2017 at 12:02 PM.

I think that Sanders, Warren, Ryan, Tea Party Wing, Waters and all in general are part of the problem. They would rather demonize the other party rather than work together to get anything done.
    As well as their followers. If you compromise, you are labeled a traitor.
    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland

If rhetoric was partially to blame for the Giffords shooting as Sanders claimed, cant it also be claimed that rhetoric was partially to blame for this shooting. And Sanders as a contributor to the rhetoric is part of the problem and not the solution.
    Last edited by VolDad; 06-16-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Status
    See Ignore List

It hasn't always been that way. Tip O'Neil could work with Reagan. It has gotten bad. Shame on us for putting these jackasses up there and over.
    If you can mention Ryan and sanders but fail to mention trump, you are simply being intellectually dishonest. A man campaigned on locking up his opponent, and suggesting maybe gun owners could stop her. The things he said about Obama...

Ya, sanders called him the most dangerous president. Sorry if you feels that incited a man to shoot a congressperson. He should tone it down. Don't moan about Ryan or Warren when you ignore and carry water for the clearly transformative man in the highest office. He took a trend and set a new standard.

I'm not saying this is on him, I'm saying it is ludicrous and clearly wishful thinking to think that Bernie ****ing sanders has fomented violence more so than most any person in elected office in the last 10 years, and to ignore the elephant in the room is just beyond reasonable benefit of the doubt in terms of your objectivity.

If you can mention Ryan and sanders but fail to mention trump, you are simply being intellectually dishonest. A man campaigned on locking up his opponent, and suggesting maybe gun owners could stop her. The things he said about Obama...

Ya, sanders called him the most dangerous president. Sorry if you feels that incited a man to shoot a congressperson. He should tone it down. Don't moan about Ryan or Warren when you ignore and carry water for the clearly transformative man in the highest office. He took a trend and set a new standard.

I'm not saying this is on him, I'm saying it is ludicrous and clearly wishful thinking to think that Bernie ****ing sanders has fomented violence more so than most any person in elected office in the last 10 years, and to ignore the elephant in the room is just beyond reasonable benefit of the doubt in terms of your objectivity.
    I originally typed "Trump" but decided that he could be included in "and all in general are part of the problem".

As far as Intellectual Honesty:

If rhetoric was partially to blame for the Giffords shooting as Sanders claimed, cant it also be claimed that rhetoric was partially to blame for this shooting. And Sanders as a contributor to the rhetoric is part of the problem and not the solution.
    Last edited by VolDad; 06-16-2017 at 01:51 PM.

I originally typed "Trump" but decided that he could be included in "and all in general are part of the problem".
    That's where I would put Bernie. Trump is basically the number one example of said rhetoric, so it seems weird to list others by name and not him.

But that's just a side note. It does come from both sides.

Trump's just better at it than the rest. However, he isn't really an innovator or originator and the problem won't really abate much when he leaves politics.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4