Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Butch at SEC Media Days

Default Butch at SEC Media Days

On last season: "We don't view it as a disappointment, we view it as not accomplishing what we sat out to do"

Kendall Vickers: "Last season was a disappointment"

Poor Vickers doesn't understand the Tennessee definition of disappointment. The university has failed him.

That is the definition of a disappointment you carnival barking,used car selling, excuse factory of a waste of office space.
    "DAMMIT!" - Tim Priest

We didn't fail, we just didn't succeed.
    Nice to meet you. What pronoun should I use?

Sounds like my former boss. "Never tell the customer you screwed up, when in reality, you screwed up."

Guys all is well...

we are 1 of only 3 teams to win 9 games 2 seasons in a row.

We've gone to 3 consecutive bowl games for the first time in 20 years

And we just put a slew of guys in the NFL

"The back half of our schedule was tougher than the front half"

And booger point blank predicted a disaster this season.
    Cursed Ebola stricken zombies - this is Tennessee football.

Atlanta radio was making fun of him today. A host was egging on the other host who will be interviewing Butch to ask about Championships of Life and 5 Star Hearts (i.e., When losing to Vanderbilt were you concerned that they had taken Lifes Championship from you?)
    Last edited by VolDad; 07-10-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CardinalVol View Post
    And booger point blank predicted a disaster this season.
    The volnation idiots have a point though, Booger has been wrong the last 2 years on predicting Tennessee's season.

Doesn't even make me mad anymore.
    Shut up and coach.

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrangeBeech View Post
    The volnation idiots have a point though, Booger has been wrong the last 2 years on predicting Tennessee's season.
    Credit where due.

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrangeBeech View Post
    Ha, yeah he bet on Butch actually being a football coach and not a carnival barker. I bet he's not wrong 3 years in a row

Evidently Booger is one of the guys the SEC network sent to hang out with UT for a few days during Spring practice.

Quote Originally Posted by kptvol View Post
    Evidently Booger is one of the guys the SEC network sent to hang out with UT for a few days during Spring practice.
    Booger is well liked and respected among coaches and players. He's going to get honest opinions from everyone

Staples wrote about it -

https://www.si.com/college-football/...days-tennessee

I think he has a point. If he'd just own up to it, I would still think he's a terrible coach, but I'd not fully detest him.

Quote Originally Posted by justingroves View Post
    Booger is well liked and respected among coaches and players. He's going to get honest opinions from everyone
    Definitely, and the VN crowd that doesn't buy his expertise needs to remember that he has seen more of these guys than the rest of us and he played about a zillion years of football. He ought to be pretty savvy when it comes to picking out who can play.

Listening to an interview with Derek Mason on drive in this morning made me a little jealous. Oh sure, the coach speak was there, including at least one acronym, but at least he had the balls to say that they were getting better and that people should expect more out of them this season. He was even offered an excuse up as a softball question and replied that he had been replacing people since he got there.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CardinalVol View Post
    Staples wrote about it -

https://www.si.com/college-football/...days-tennessee

I think he has a point. If he'd just own up to it, I would still think he's a terrible coach, but I'd not fully detest him.
    I wish he didn't say "win an East Championship" so many times. No such thing exists. Winning the division just means you had the best conference record of the seven teams on your half of the map. It's not a championship and pretty pathetic that winning the division (which is terrible) is evidently the insanely low set bar that Butch cannot exceed. But you know if Jones did stumble backward into winning the division that he'd be bringing up his East Championship in every sentence, though.

i hope booger is right and that the season IS abysmal.

it'll just put jones out to pasture sooner rather than later.

I wish he didn't say "win an East Championship" so many times. No such thing exists. Winning the division just means you had the best conference record of the seven teams on your half of the map. It's not a championship and pretty pathetic that winning the division (which is terrible) is evidently the insanely low set bar that Butch cannot exceed. But you know if Jones did stumble backward into winning the division that he'd be bringing up his East Championship in every sentence, though.
    over the past 10ish(?) years, winning the East has hardly been anything to brag about.

"We fought and overcame many injuries and youth to get our East Championship after a great 9-3 season. Unfortunately, we had to turn right around the next week and play in the SEC Championship game. Having 2 games in 7 days is critically hard on a young program like ours. But, we again overcame this adversity and rebounded with a great victory for our Motor City Bowl Championship."
    "DAMMIT!" - Tim Priest

Quote Originally Posted by justingroves View Post
    Ha, yeah he bet on Butch actually being a football coach and not a carnival barker. I bet he's not wrong 3 years in a row
    He finally saw what we all have known for quite sometime.

His infomercial after the "disappointing" comment was priceless.
    "We have a chart for that"

Did I miss something:

@werucker247
    New rule: You’re allowed to question Swain’s loyalty to Tennessee when you also let UT wreck your knee enough to cost you NFL millions.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast