Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mount Rushmore of UT Football.

Default Mount Rushmore of UT Football.

And go...

Lane Kiffin, Derek Dooley, Butch Jones, and TMac
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Country Vol View Post
    What i saw last night was Stoops playing a well crafted game of chess. Jones was playing a game of checkers moving his piece back and forth like an idiot to avoid the king.
    9/13/15

A bit difficult, but I'll got with White, Neyland, Manning, and Atkins.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dooz View Post
    A bit difficult, but I'll got with White, Neyland, Manning, and Atkins.
    I'd put Berry over White.
    Fire them all.

Think I'd go Neyland, Manning, Atkins, Wilson.

Neyland, Wilson, Atkins, Berry
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    Not bright enough? Where does that even come from. I'm 31 years old and a highly decorated journalist. Ive done more things in 3 decades then most will in their entire life. I am certainly bright and intelligent. I work in a field that demands it.

If just solely going by UT career, Barnett is on there for me.

Since you didn't set criteria per se, I will go with my personal favorite Rushmore. In which case:

Carl Pickens, Raynoch Thompson, James Stewart, and Eric Berry

Quote Originally Posted by volfanjo View Post
    Since you didn't set criteria per se, I will go with my personal favorite Rushmore. In which case:

Carl Pickens, Raynoch Thompson, James Stewart, and Eric Berry
    vfj is one of the best historians on the board, so I'm extremely curious as to the Raynoch over Al selection. And exclusion of Neyland
    Not bright enough? Where does that even come from. I'm 31 years old and a highly decorated journalist. Ive done more things in 3 decades then most will in their entire life. I am certainly bright and intelligent. I work in a field that demands it.

Quote Originally Posted by InVolNerable View Post
    vfj is one of the best historians on the board, so I'm extremely curious as to the Raynoch over Al selection. And exclusion of Neyland
    Only judged people I have actually seen play. Al is better player than Raynoch, but Raynoch's story is incredible and one of the wildest guys to ever suit up for the Vols.

Only judged people I have actually seen play. Al is better player than Raynoch, but Raynoch's story is incredible and one of the wildest guys to ever suit up for the Vols.
    I've always told people I love Raynoch more than Al. I've always been ridiculed. Just nice to see someone on my side.

Just as far as Mt. Rushmore, for me, Al has to go on. He was the face of that 98 D.

But what about Neyland exclusion?

Neyland, Atkins, Holloway, Wilson

Raynoch has some good ones.

He was injured and deemed out by the trainers for a game. Raynoch took a helmet, broke the lock and dressed anyways.

Trainers tell Fulmer he's injured and shouldn't play, Fulmer told them he wasn't going to tell him no and "good luck getting his helmet"

Also, he supposedly showed up on campus with the clothes he had on and one plastic grocery bag of clothes. That was it.

Neyland and Manning are required IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JT5 View Post
    Think I'd go Neyland, Manning, Atkins, Wilson.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by chavisut View Post
    Neyland and Manning are required IMO.
    Agreed, and I picked the other 2 HOFers as well.

But understand, and had a hard time picking against, the Wilson sentiment.

Neyland, Manning, Atkins, Tidwell
    "We have a chart for that"

Going players only.....

Atkins
    Majors
    Manning
    White
    Cursed Ebola stricken zombies - this is Tennessee football.

Rod Wilks and three other players from Smyrna -utfantilidie

Lyle's lynch mob community organizer
    IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by kptvol View Post
    Rod Wilks and three other players from Smyrna -utfantilidie
    At the other place, I imagine there would be many who would argue that all the players should be native Tennesseeans to be on our Rushmore.
    I tried. I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends.

Peyton, White, Neyland, and .....Fulmer

We have two legitimate NCs, and Fulmer was the coach of the only modern one. That doesn't mean he shouldn't have been fired in '05, but I'd have a tough time putting Jason Witten or Berry or anyone else in his stead.

Quote Originally Posted by chef65 View Post
    Peyton, White, Neyland, and .....Fulmer

We have two legitimate NCs, and Fulmer was the coach of the only modern one. That doesn't mean he shouldn't have been fired in '05, but I'd have a tough time putting Jason Witten or Berry or anyone else in his stead.
    Eh, I don't know how much stock I put into what was called legitimate back then. We had quite a few teams worthy in those days. I'm just fine claiming multiple in the 30s and 50s.

Lyle's lynch mob community organizer
    IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Guys, if your mountain doesn't have space for Wilson, I don't care about your mountain. TIFWIW.
    I tried. I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends.

Neyland Atkins Manning and to be different Doug Dickey
    "DAMMIT!" - Tim Priest

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast