Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: North Korea

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyQuickkick View Post
    I'll say it, as a fellow middle eastern fanatic with a little more humility. It would be great, but it ain't gonna happen. Humans are gonna human. It might look a little different than it did in 1291 but "there is nothing new under the sun."

I don't believe we shouldn't try to achieve it, though, however that might be done.
    Intellectually I know this. It just seems we should be moving toward peace faster than we are.
    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisAlan View Post
    Apparently Trump also mentioned a military option for...Venezuela.
    Is that the Pat Robertson option? Revised for Maduro since Chavez has been worm food for some time now.
    Baruch Haba B'shem Adonai​

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisAlan View Post
    Intellectually I know this. It just seems we should be moving toward peace faster than we are.
    Seems like the Vols shouldn't suck so much either. Seems like...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

SEOUL—North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has decided not to launch a threatened missile attack on Guam, Pyongyang’s state media reported on Tuesday, but warned that he could change his mind “if the Yankees persist in their extremely dangerous reckless actions.”

Secretary of Defense James Mattis issued a strong warning to North Korea Monday: "If they shoot at the United States, I'm assuming they've hit the United States. ... If they do that, then it's game on."

"You don't shoot at people in this world unless you want to bear the consequences," Mattis told reporters at the Pentagon.

Soon after Mattis issued his warning, state-run North Korean media outlet KCNA reported that North Korean leader Kim Jong Un had inspected his military's plan to launch missiles at Guam and discussed the possibility of a strike with his top commanders.

Whew, that was close. I was extremely scared that he would launch missiles at Guam

Sounds like all it really is with him is that he's tired of Chapman blowing saves.

Contrary to Trump’s threat of fire and fury, Bannon said: “There’s no military solution [to North Korea’s nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.” Bannon went on to describe his battle inside the administration to take a harder line on China trade, and not to fall into a trap of wishful thinking in which complaints against China’s trade practices now had to take a backseat to the hope that China, as honest broker, would help restrain Kim.

http://prospect.org/article/steve-bannon-unrepentant

Quote Originally Posted by VolDad View Post
    Contrary to Trump’s threat of fire and fury, Bannon said: “There’s no military solution [to North Korea’s nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.” Bannon went on to describe his battle inside the administration to take a harder line on China trade, and not to fall into a trap of wishful thinking in which complaints against China’s trade practices now had to take a backseat to the hope that China, as honest broker, would help restrain Kim.

http://prospect.org/article/steve-bannon-unrepentant
    And Seoul is the real rub when dealing with NK, and always has been.
    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3