Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1414

Thread: Game of Thrones

Best season premiere of the series. The cold open was well done, and the entire Hound segment was fantastic. Several other highlights but those stood out

Really? Thought it was fairly slow. A few decent parts but nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by kptvol View Post
    Really? Thought it was fairly slow. A few decent parts but nothing special.
    Well it was a season premiere, which has never been a 10/10 action fest. It was there to set the stage and did so very well. I think the only thing I just didn't like about it was how much Euron sucks, but he's also necessary. The fan-service beginning, The Hound segment, and the ending were really enough to carry it.

Other than revealing that there is dragon glass at Dragonstone and that that's Daenerys's landing point, it doesn't seem to have advanced the plot at all. Just seems like there is a lot to pack into these final episodes to get things resolved and that didn't really do much.

I always thought Daenerys would land at Dorne, join forces with the Dornish, and march north to conquer everything. Might even be able to get Highgarden to join up on the way. Maybe that's still how it will go down in the books. They seem to be doing something different with Dorne in the show.

Other than revealing that there is dragon glass at Dragonstone and that that's Daenerys's landing point, it doesn't seem to have advanced the plot at all. Just seems like there is a lot to pack into these final episodes to get things resolved and that didn't really do much.

I always thought Daenerys would land at Dorne, join forces with the Dornish, and march north to conquer everything. Might even be able to get Highgarden to join up on the way. Maybe that's still how it will go down in the books. They seem to be doing something different with Dorne in the show.
    Wouldn't Varys appearing at the meeting in Dorne at the end of last season with Olenna Tyrell and Elaria Sand indicate that this is already the case

The Hound segment was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Brant View Post
    Wouldn't Varys appearing at the meeting in Dorne at the end of last season with Olenna Tyrell and Elaria Sand indicate that this is already the case
    Yeah, the ships they were sailing at the end of S6 had both Tyrell and Dornish banners
    Last edited by emainvol; 07-17-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Lyle's lynch mob community organizer
    IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

I think a lot of what had only been guessed was now shown.

Saw more of the citadel. We now know Jorah is there.

We Sam already getting valuable info from the library

We see euron and cersei moving towards an alliance.

Hound and B w/o B moving to the north. Plus, he had a supernatural experience for the first time.

Saw freys get wiped.

See sansa point blank tell Jon he can't be a dummy like rob and ned.

I think a lot was established.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac61 View Post
    I tried. I will continue to embarrass you in front of your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by IP View Post
    I think a lot of what had only been guessed was now shown.

Saw more of the citadel. We now know Jorah is there.

We Sam already getting valuable info from the library

We see euron and cersei moving towards an alliance.

Hound and B w/o B moving to the north. Plus, he had a supernatural experience for the first time.

Saw freys get wiped.

See sansa point blank tell Jon he can't be a dummy like rob and ned.

I think a lot was established.
    Yeah I'm with you. Not a lot is going to advance in a premiere. The formula is generally "Here is where character A, B, C, D, etc. is now, and here's a brief glimpse, line, etc. of where they are going"

Rory McCann is a standout on a show full of very capable actors, and I guess we can consider The Hound a major character moving forward, so that is a very welcome development.

IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy IP Excellent & Trustworthy

Status
    See Ignore List

Ya, an alliance with dorne is already confirmed from last season. Probably where theon and his sister are right now.

What's Euron's "priceless gift? My first instinct is Tyrion

Status
    See Ignore List

In the books, he had retrieved an artifact from Asshai that had allegedly allowed for controlling dragons. He was going to try and steal one from Dan if she wouldn't marry her. But obviously things are playing out differently in the show, as he never even went to mereen.

But ya, could be a new mcguffin. Kind of like the horn that the king behind the wall was looking for that would collapse the wall, which turned out to either not be real or not be truly found.

Cold open was fantastic. At first I am going "Is this a flash back to the Red Wedding? No....but isn't he dead?" And BAM!

And Lady Mormont is a great character.
    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland

Ooooo. Pincer movement.
    Shut up and coach.

Mine too.
    Shut up and coach.

Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Country Vol View Post
    What i saw last night was Stoops playing a well crafted game of chess. Jones was playing a game of checkers moving his piece back and forth like an idiot to avoid the king.
    9/13/15

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisAlan View Post
    Cold open was fantastic. At first I am going "Is this a flash back to the Red Wedding? No....but isn't he dead?" And BAM!

And Lady Mormont is a great character.
    I called the events of the cold open 2 seconds in and impressed my girlfriend. The bar is low.

Status
    See Ignore List

Quote Originally Posted by JayVols View Post
    Ooooo. Pincer movement.
    You don't bring a dothraki horde to dragonstone island.

I called the events of the cold open 2 seconds in and impressed my girlfriend. The bar is low.
    Yeah, I thought it was fairly obvious.

Yeah, I thought it was fairly obvious.
    Are you calling me slow? Or old? Wait, what were we talking about again?
    "Almost all close games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners." - Gen Neyland

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisAlan View Post
    Are you calling me slow? Or old? Wait, what were we talking about again?
    Probably just need to watch more Mission Impossible.

You don't bring a dothraki horde to dragonstone island.
    The image of Dothraki there made me chuckle.

It had a heavy Appalachian influence. Think the Darlins off Andy Griffith visiting Buckingham Palace....

Then multiply that by 1 billion.
    Shut up and coach.

Status
    See Ignore List

Now imagine them around the water palace

Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck
    fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths fl0at_ Certified Teller of Truths

Status
    See Ignore List

Opening lost some of its flare due to me having watched the last episode of previous season just before (watching the murder of Lord Fray makes it obvious where it is headed next.)

But look at my girl doing work. Unfortunately she humanized those Lanister soldiers. Hopefully their deaths don't play too heavily on her mind.
    Do unto others before they do unto you

What about the random Ed Sheeran cameo? Felt out of place to me.
    Nice to meet you. What pronoun should I use?

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast