Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 58

Thread: Is Holly Warlick a Lesbian?

  1. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Volst53 View Post
    I would guess it'd be easier to hide being a homosexual than being black.
    Telemarketers wept.

  2. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post
    So the avoidance of marital bonds exempts Warlick, a person who many believe to be homosexual.

    Curious turn of events, but I'll take it.
    Petrino's lies to school officials about a wreck brought his personal life into the news. In other words, he brought it in himself, or he would have been "exempt" like Warlick is. The same goes for Pitino; he pressed charges against the lady for extortion. So, had they not put their own personal life out there, they'd share the same exempt status as Warlick. If Warlick's personal life causes some huge controversy related to her employment, then she'll lose her exempt status.

  3. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post
    1. How is the sexuality of a person standing post germane to their sexuality? if it's not, then why did DADT even warrant a dialogue, much less a repeal?
    2. How was Tiger's sexual promiscuity related to his? Why are we seemingly ok with every aspect of his sexuality being dragged into the public realm, but Warlick is exempted?

    I really have no larger point in all of this - just comparing and contrasting.

    I do think that 99.478% of every movement made by liberals to push their agenda is done under less-than-the-light-of-day circumstances, in hopes of gaining through subversion what they could not hope to advance, otherwise (read: the purely liberal philosophy would be repugnant to most Americans - upwards of 80% or more - if laid both bare and in totality, before them).

    But that's neither here nor there.

    But my question is, why hasn't someone even posed the question to her - of course, she would then have the first and absolute right to refuse answering it, without fear of reprisal. Right? Isn't that what would happen? Nothing, really.

    Coaches say, "No Comment" on every other question, right?

    What's the big deal in asking her?
    Military jobs are just not comparable. Holly is not being required to live with her coworkers. Tiger's athletic profession was in no way directly affected by the revelation of his promiscuity.

  4. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post

    If we're going to hire gay coaches, so long as they win, we can exclusively interview participants of gay pride rallies for all I give a shit....but if that's what we're doing, why not simply say it?
    Say what? If Holly chooses to keep that aspect of her life private, you think UT should publicize it?

  5. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LawVol13 View Post
    Petrino's lies to school officials about a wreck brought his personal life into the news. In other words, he brought it in himself, or he would have been "exempt" like Warlick is. The same goes for Pitino; he pressed charges against the lady for extortion. So, had they not put their own personal life out there, they'd share the same exempt status as Warlick. If Warlick's personal life causes some huge controversy related to her employment, then she'll lose her exempt status.
    Petrino had the misfortune of wrecking his motorcycle with his mistress aboard, which resulted in a national scandal and his eventual termination.

    Do you mean to say that Petino's situation only became a "story" when he pressed charges of extortion?

    Surely, you jest.

    And even if this were true (it's not) - how then do you explain Tiger Woods' sex life being drug into the national spotlight?

  6. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kptvol View Post
    Military jobs are just not comparable. Holly is not being required to live with her coworkers. Tiger's athletic profession was in no way directly affected by the revelation of his promiscuity.
    I disagree.

    In fact, on average, I bet she spends as much time - or more - with her players than most officers spend with theirs.

    If Tiger's personal life had nothing to do with his status as a professional golfer (I agree, it didn't)...why then was it a national scandal for several months?

    Why was his sex life placed under a microscope, and hers is somehow off-limits?

  7. #32

    Default

    Tiger was assaulted by his wife. That made national news. The rest cascaded from that. He is also one of the ten most recognizable athletes in the nation. Thus, much like Jennifer Aniston getting in a magazine for purchasing ice cream, everything Woods does gets at least a little attention.

  8. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post
    I disagree.

    In fact, on average, I bet she spends as much time - or more - with her players than most officers spend with theirs.

    If Tiger's personal life had nothing to do with his status as a professional golfer (I agree, it didn't)...why then was it a national scandal for several months?

    Why was his sex life placed under a microscope, and hers is somehow off-limits?
    Not any more than UConn's coach who, as far as I know, finds women attractive. The scandal in no way hindered his access to his profession. His celebrity transcends the sport and that is what was covered in the news. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie getting engaged has zero to do with their careers, but it is on the front page of at least a dozen magazines at the moment.

  9. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IPorange View Post
    I really don't see why she has to become a figurehead of her orientation. Straight coaches don't get sidetracked with such foolishness.

    It is very simple. If you don't at least accept a homosexual person's right to live their life the way they see fit, you are a bigot. No need for spokespersons in the 21st century on this issue.
    Excellent post.

  10. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post
    By the way...

    Jackie Robinson, Arthur Ashe, Billie Jean King and Condredge Holloway are all laughing their asses off at your staright-faced naivety.

    Does it make me a bigot to say that none of them "chose" to be figureheads of their race or gender?
    Robinson, Ashe, and King all most certainly embraced and revelled in their roles at the tip of the spear in their respective movements. Holloway also could have chosen to go to school elsewhere if he didn't wish to be the first in line.

    Warlick, however, has no duty to do anything other than coach her team to the best of her ability. She doesn't have any obligation to attach herself to any particular issue.

  11. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hatvol96 View Post
    Robinson, Ashe, and King all most certainly embraced and revelled in their roles at the tip of the spear in their respective movements. Holloway also could have chosen to go to school elsewhere if he didn't wish to be the first in line.

    Warlick, however, has no duty to do anything other than coach her team to the best of her ability. She doesn't have any obligation to attach herself to any particular issue.
    Fully agree

  12. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post
    1. We neither "officially" know if she is gay or not, nor whether in the closet or open - the only way we could know would be to ask. That's my point.

    2. President Obama wouldn't have a story were it not for affirmative action. What's wrong with admitting that? Were I a proponent of that system of race-based advantage, I would sing his story from the busiest corner in every town. And the bass would be bumpin' (because I prefer bass, you racist asses).
    My point is that if we ask, and she says yes, then if she keeps her job she may become a symbol - but her getting the job is not any sort of "achievement" for the gay community if she was not known to be gay when she got the job. That's my point.

    This also parallels my point with Obama. He was black, thus it could be used as a symbol that affirmative action succeeded in his case. However it is a success because we knew people always perceived him as black and he could have suffered biases if not for affirmative action (presumably).

    My point is that if we don't know if Warlick is gay and she gets the job, then it is only a triumph if heretofore all gay women really sucked at coaching basketball. This would be tantamount to saying black people are innately not good enough to be president (using the Obama comparison, if you will), yet Obama broke through that and was the first black person good enough to be president and thus an achievement to be honored....just as Warlick, who despite her being gay, became a good enough coach to get the job. That is the only reason why I can think that the gay community would hold up Warlick getting the job as an achievement. Obviously, thats hogwash....which is why I content there is no reason to know because it isn't an achievement of gay rights and is nothing to be celebrated. If people didn't know she was gay and she got the job while being gay that isn't an achievement for the gay community...unless she was the first gay woman capable of coaching..again, hogwash.

    So, my point is that is a bit silly to suggest that not asking her the question is denying the gay community a right to celebrate some (manufactured) achievement.

    Fact is, it would probably be hard for a gay woman to recruit young women into her program. I would say that she would prefer to be able to keep that private if it is the case.

  13. #38

    Default

    One of the greatest linebackers in UT history was gay.

  14. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volfanjo View Post
    One of the greatest linebackers in UT history was gay.
    ?

  15. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lylsmorr View Post
    ?
    Jackie Walker, UT's first African American All-American and a Knoxvillian to boot!

  16. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volfanjo View Post
    Jackie Walker, UT's first African American All-American and a Knoxvillian to boot!
    Wow, had no idea about that.

  17. #42

    Default

    Metro Pulse had a good article on him a few years ago.

  18. #43
    JayVols's Avatar
    The 8th's Walleye Guru
    JayVols Certified Teller of Truths JayVols Certified Teller of Truths

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenacious D View Post

    And are you saying that her sexuality is not germane to her service as head coach?


    The GD Germans got nothing to do with it!

    Sheriff_B_T_Justice2_sq90.jpg
    Eliminating the walleye scourge.....one fish at a time.

  19. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lylsmorr View Post
    Wow, had no idea about that.
    Yep. He was openly gay even while at Tennessee. There is a funny story about Bill Battle finding out Jackie was gay. Battle had found out days before Jackie's NFL Draft party. When Battle arrived at the party he was first greeted by Jackie's twin sister and he automatically assumed it was Jackie in drag.

  20. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lylsmorr View Post
    Fully agree
    I'm a former Purdue athlete. I support Holly Warlick. She has given 27 seasons to UT. She practically coached the team last season. Her sexual orientation shouldn't matter. She is more than qualified to be the head coach. Pat Summit has two years left on her contract. Go Holly! Win number nine while Pat's still there.

    Anyone know why Holly wears a ring on her left ring finger? Just wondering? Not sure if it's a wedding band, fashion ring, or just a decoy. Anyway hope she's not taken...this lesbian would love to be the next Mrs. Warlick! But seriously...she is a great coach. I wish her the best of luck. Much love! Go Vols! Go Boilers!

  21. #46

    Default

    I wish Holly the best of luck, of course - but she faces some tall challenges....not the least of which is the entire situation with Pat.

    I also wish you the best of luck in landing her, Boiler23, if she is indeed a lesbian and not taken.

  22. #47

    Default

    Everyone welcome orangetaz....
    "Until they prove they're serious about football, they do not deserve my time or money."

  23. #48

    Default

    Yes, Warlick is definitely walking into a rough situation. By that I mean she is unproven and is replacing the most well-proven coach ever in her sport.

  24. #49

    Default

    In women's BB I think it's a bigger story if you are involved in the sport and you aren't a lesbian or don't receive an AARP card.

  25. #50
    JayVols's Avatar
    The 8th's Walleye Guru
    JayVols Certified Teller of Truths JayVols Certified Teller of Truths

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NYYVol View Post
    Everyone welcome orangetaz....

    If that's the case, Welcome taz! I suggest you check out jhdabrick's Thunderdome Central thread. You will likey.


    Warlick is in taz's wheelhouse. She sure isn't too bony.
    Eliminating the walleye scourge.....one fish at a time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •