Tennessee A/V Creatives

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Even as terrible as we’ve been, well everywhere, our media folks have always been on point. To fully appreciate their work, just check out the same at other schools. We’re women amongst girls, men amongst boys.

Thought a thread to appreciate and archive their work was a good idea. Put’em all here.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Watching that return from the endzone, you could see the lane as soon as he caught it and you knew he was going all the way!

sellsman11 and justingroves like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Admiral Schofield video in Neyland was top notch

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yes.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

After listening to that I understand why most of you detest Kesling.

A-Smith likes this.
  7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

This is such a good one.

justingroves and Tenacious D like this.
  8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

99% of his calls are just relaying what his spotter says.

A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He calls games like Butch Jones coached, uninspired and confused.

10. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Kesling is the Orange Cassidy of announcing.

PilotFlyingJ and justingroves like this.
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That Jennings TD catch was the worst call of all time. You’d have thought Jennings was the only guy on the field. No mention at all of breaking tackles

justingroves likes this.
  12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Yes on both but especially uninspired. I was listening to that and wondering why he was monotone through the entire play. I’m not asking for him to be a Johnny Most level homer, but Jesus act like you care just a little.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I just would like to know what the hell is going on

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And the score.

Give the fricking score.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

tbh i feel like his energy level is the only thing that isn't terrible, or at least the bottom of the list of my grievances. there's no picture painted, no details. he calls it like it's TV and we can see it.

Tenacious D likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The call on Jauan's 1st touchdown was awful.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's funny how we can fired coaches and assistants and ADs like it is nothing, but he has never been put to pasture.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I once heard an interview where ward talked about setting the scene on every play by giving the formation. "Backs in the I, two receivers to Manning's right, Nash to his left." It's amazing how much difference it can make.

And I'm a kesling apologist, not bc I think he's good, but bc I listen to a lot of other schools' radio broadcast, at least sometimes. They are generally awful at the college level. I'd rate Bob as average for football, above for basketball. The field is that bad.

DC Vol and justingroves like this.
  19. jackaro

jackaro New Member

To be an outstanding radio announcer it is likely that you need to come up through radio in your career, I cannot see a T.V. person making that transition. The problem with that is that the radio era has been gone for several decades, everybody with any talent has been in television for the past 40 plus years. I doubt we will ever have someone really able to call the play on the field and paint a picture like the great ones did. The last of the great ones were in the 1990's I am guessing, and they were long in the tooth at that time.

IP likes this.
  20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance