A funny stat

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Nov 10, 2019.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Vandy and Missouri scored 0 points combined Saturday

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We owe them. Payback will be fun. Especially against Vandy.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It's the blow off match after a heel has embarrassed us over and over again.

justingroves and MaconVol like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Man, just as long as the good guys show up. By a very different road, we are exactly where we were at this time last year: 5-5 with Mizzou and Vandy remaining. We need to finish this time.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Missouri has scored at least 34 in every home game (although the quality of competition is questionable)

Missouri has scored 21 in their last three games combined (all on the road).

I don’t recall us ever playing a good game against Missouri—I don’t think it’s ever happened.

Missouri will be coming off consecutive games with Florida and Georgia, while we’ll be coming off a bye.

I have absolutely zero clue what’s happening in two weeks in Columbia. Vandy...yeah this looks like 90s Vandy,

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Vandy looks fundamentally broken. Mizzou just seems to struggle on the road.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think Missouri has just been getting worse as the season goes along. Dooley is a Jonah. Things going to get worse for everyone involved as long as he is on the ship.

justingroves likes this.
  8. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

Just wondering if the Missouri kids will have checked out by the time we play them?

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Think we hung 63 on them in 2016, but that was the only time the game wasn't really a game.

justingroves likes this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's looks like they are, I don't know if they're that bad or not. They did lose to Wyoming, though.

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Got to think a loss to Florida would be icing on their cake.

Can't really see Bryant having any emotional attachment wanting to play is cold weather with a messed up hamstring/knee.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  12. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

Exactly. You would think he wants to insure good health for the combine at this point.

13. Tar Volon

Maybe, but they haven’t played a home game in a month and their best home win is Ole Miss, so it’s hard to tell whether they’re broken on the road or just broken.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

how did they stop the Ole Miss qb but Bowden ran all over them? Ole Miss qb looks like one of the fastest players in the SEC

15. Tar Volon

They were 3-7, we were 7-3, and it was still 35-30 early in the fourth quarter. We ended up with a pretty good margin, but I’m not sure that was exactly our A game.

16. Tar Volon

Ole Miss played two QBs. The dual-threat guy went 8/17 for 103 and 2 TDs and ran 23 times for 143 and 2 TDs.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

7-5 is very doable. Not guaranteed, but doable.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I hope JG keeps coming off the bench. Different team and mindset, and we don't play Lock and the Vandy qb who threw for over 900 yards on us in btb years, but his mizzou and vandy games last year wouldn't have beaten this years teams

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The opposing team's first drive tends to be the only drive they score on lately. I like that.

hohenfelsvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Unlike our last couple of coaches, Pruitt seems to have a feel for the game and can change on the fly. "OOH, so that is what you are going to do today. Ok, guys, do X and Y and we will shut their asses down."

During the game, I was scratching my head (and complaining loudly in game chat) as to what we were doing, and still am confused. But I cannot argue with success.