'13 VA RB Derrick Green

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, May 29, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Number 1 overall RB in the country according to Rivals
    6 ft
    220 lbs
    Supposedly ran a 4.31

He loved his visit here last weekend and Tennessee is getting one of his five official visits this coming season. He loves Jay Graham.

All good news

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Some more on him:

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well-played by whoever painted the rock.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Must get, can't miss prospect.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Would be an awesome get. Hopefully we can close on him.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I like this kids style...

[video=youtube;TUC-Mu6Lswg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUC-Mu6Lswg[/video]

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I feel bad saying this, but I find it so hard to get excited about recruiting while Dooley is the coach, especially because I'm not convinced the new guy will be able to come in and win quickly.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

This team is better now than the way Fulmer left it. Kiffin won 7 games with 3 walk-ons and one of the worst QB's in Tennessee history. To think a good X's and O's coach can't come in here and win 9 games is just ignorant.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

When I'm talking about winning quickly, I'm not talking about putting up 9-4 records.

10. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

That's a better record than we've had in 5 years.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Its still not on par with where UT could and should be

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

And it's certainly not something to be celebrated.

13. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I would take 9 wins for a first year head coach and not think twice about it. Probably for the first two years of a new head coaching era. After that it better get higher though.

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

That's what I'm saying. If we landed a Pete Carroll or Jon Gruden we would have the talent to win 10 games year 1, if we landed Kirby Smart we could win 9 easy with our talent. That's what I was meaning.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I like the way this kid runs. He doesn't break immediately for the sideline. I like it when they hit it up in the gaps they're supposed to hit. Not sure about the 4.31 though.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

When I talk about a coach coming in and winning quickly, I'm talking about competing for the conference title in year 2 or 3. The only reason I think that could be possible is because the East doesn't seem to be on the verge of improving.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me neither but he's plenty fast enough.