So when we join, I'd like to know a few things.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TXA&M07, Aug 30, 2011.

1. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

For starters, it seems that most level headed SEC fans from various schools are more than accepting of the inevitable. I can appreciate that and thoroughly enjoy being welcomed by some of the more respected posters I've come to know of the course of the last 5 years or so.

My question regarding adding us stems from the concept of conference unity which seems to be prevalent in SEC country. With exception of Florida and Alabama, most Tennessee fans appear to unite behind their conference mates. Should I prepare myself for that same level of expectation from you guys, because to be real frank, I dont give a flying [uck fay] about anyone in the Big12 other than my own team.

I can understand the concept of long term rivalries like the one you guys share with Bama. I get that obviously. Florida is "new money" IMO and I've always sided with yall in regarding them as such. But the concept of me being happy for Miss St if the beat up on LaTech or Directional Michigan? Whoopity [uck fay], who cares. If they tank against someone ala Vols v. Wyo or aTm v. Arkie State should I hang my head in shame due to how they made the overall conference look?

We're all in this to win, and clearly aTm isn't running away from tougher competition. We're running towards it. To say otherwise is foolish. So I'll ask again, is all this welcoming and back patting a farce or should I expect for you to continue to support us against other outsiders, and have that same expectation returned to me?

Lastly, if yall simply already hate us/me/the concept of expansion and all this crap, a simple "gfy" is cool. No need elaborate.

NB4 the 1st "gfy".

Thanks and Gig em'

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

don't worry they will learn to hate you soon too. such is the nature of these things.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If another conference team, like Georgia is going to do soon, gets beat by a non-conference team, and people start talking about how weak the SEC is, compared to... Notre Dame. You just smile.

You never have to root for the SEC for the sake of rooting for the SEC. But after years of playing a beat down schedule, while OhioSU plays 9 MAC teams and no conference championship... you really, really like to see SEC teams pummel such teams.

Other than that, I have no problem saying Boise St lays Georgia out, and Oregon might lay LSU out as well.

Also, when you enter the SEC... you will be Arkansas and South Carolina.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wish ill on all things Alabama, Florida, Auburn and UGA.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

as do i on the most of the pac-12. i'm sure colorado and utah will do something eventually to make me dislike them too.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I want certain SEC teams to be embarrassed a lot of times; however, there are times that I find myself rooting for certain SEC teams. For example, I wanted Arkansas to beat OSU last year.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wanted Alabama to stomp Texas. Watching Colt curl up in the fetal position made me smile.

I wanted tOSU to beat Florida like a red headed stepchild.

9. fl0at_

I wanted Texas to curb stomp Alabama. I wanted Oregon to put Auburn on the bus. I loathe Auburn. Hat's love letter was one of the best things, ever.

I wouldn't mind seeing LSU beat Oregon, though, simply because I like Les Miles. If you sit down, with pure intent and desire for LSU to win, Les Miles will give you a friggen heart attack.

That said: Screw Georgia, Auburn and South Carolina. Screw the fans of Ole Miss.

10. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

I think naturally our rival will be LSU, however most of you might find it strange that its a very friendly rivalry with a ton of respect passed back in forth. That being said, due to my affection towards Tennessee, I'll continue to despise Florida. To be honest, I've never really had hard feelings towards anyone else including Bama. I know, I knw, that might piss some of yall off, but I'm not as old school Vol fans as most of you either.

Miss St, Vandy, Kentucky, Ole Miss - they all seem irrelevant to me to be honest.

11. fl0at_

I find it hard to pick on Miss. St. I will find it hard to pick on A&M.

I dunno why. I'm just soft on cow colleges, I suppose.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not so sure, Colorado might be a friend for life. They suck.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i still hated UW when they were 1-10

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe you have issues.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

oh most definitely. i do have a soft spot for washington state though.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's hard not to, given that they've never done anything but produce Ryan Leaf, the biggest bust of all time.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I still respect Alabama. I don't want the yellowhammers to ever win a game but I don't necessarily "hate" them.

Auburn can burn. I can't stand the school, the coaching staff or Cam Newton.

UGA has the worst fanbase I've ever encountered. [uck fay] all of them.

Florida has terrible fans and has employed two of the whiniest coaches I've ever heard. I despised Florida and then Tebow just really put them over the top for me. A glorified fullback with a head coach jacking him off on the sidelines while he praised God just took my disdain to another level.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

guy was an unbelievable college player.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I, for the most part, will cheer for the SEC in any and all OOC games because I subscribe to the theory that wins against top notch competition is good for the conference, which is in turn good for UT. For example - I hope UGA beats Boise by 50 and then loses 10 straight before beating Ga Tech.

Only notable exceptions in recent memory were Bama in 09 and the Barn last year.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that's an argument i've never understood. how have all these national championships by other teams helped tenn? if anything your recruiting is worse than before the sec started this run.