Bowl Eligible

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Lexvol, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

10 years ago...bowl eligibility was absolutely meaningless. For this team and this season it is amazing and worthy of celebration.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

After BYU I thought five wins would be a miracle. Kudos to the coaches and the players for hanging in there.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Hell, after BYU I thought 3-9 would be close to a miracle.

tvolsfan, utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

People were seriously saying 10 losses were possible back in September, and they were 100% not exaggerating. We can end up with a winning conference record now.

Memtownvol and Lexvol like this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

These guys go out there expecting to win now. Huge, huge difference in attitude.

6. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Feels good!

kptvol, hohenfelsvol and Lexvol like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think I realized something might be different in the Alabama game. It was palpable.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I said Tennessee was a quarterback away from winning, I just never expected Guarantano to be that quarterback

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

6 Vegas-book upsets in the Pruitt era.

Good coaches find ways to win. Excited about the future of the team.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

As long as it's not taken as proof that we're back and used to get an extension, I think it's fantastic. We came from the depths of hell and we've got one hand out of the pit. Lets go win the next two, finish strong in recruiting to get two hands out.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Remember when we were wondering if Pruitt would be fired mid-season.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You ain't the only one.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If he continues his trajectory from the Alabama fumble up to this point, I'd gladly take him back next year unless Bailey is a freshman All-American type.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I dont know if Pruitt wins a championship here but recovering from that start with the QB merry go round is pretty impressive.

He didnt flinch and his team bought it.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We have 63 scholar players right now, right?

16. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

At the very least he will absolutely leave this program in better shape than he found it. It has been a long time since UT has improved this much in the course of a season...maybe 2007?

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Honestly you saw a lot of it in The Georgia game. I don’t what happened during the first bye week, but whatever happened certainly changed the trajectory of the season.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. And after the Bama game, Pruitt snapped and has gone full redneck since then (to quote Groves).

Memtownvol and Lexvol like this.
  19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Unpopular opinion: 2007 didn’t improve that much—we got crushed by Alabama, we almost gave away the Vandy, Kentucky, and South Carolina games, and our best win was in the first half of the season.

Biggest improvement (in recentish memory) for my money is Cromp learning to throw in mid-2009, although replacing Simms with Bray the next year comes close. And this beats that IMO

Memtownvol, kptvol, tvolsfan and 6 others like this.
  20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The mindset of the entire team changed the exact moment Maurer dropped the dime to Callaway against UGA. You could almost see a visible difference on the sideline and the way they carried themselves after that play.