2020 recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Dec 21, 2018.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I thought Alabama wanted him ?

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

No

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nope

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

[uck fay] Auburn.

Unrelated to the topic. It just needed to be said.

5. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Can't be said too often

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I presume they are going to take a look at the Ole Miss Roster and send out carrier pigeons and sky writers. Allegedly many players are looking to transfer after Luke was fired.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think this confirms we get Omari Thomas, a 4 star DL prospect from Memphis.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Don't doubt it at all. Why would JRP or Jerrion Ealy stick around? For baseball? Ole Miss made a mistake by firing Luke.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. Tenacious D

I agree, and am not sure why so many schools seem to be willing to pull the trigger a year early on some firings, tbh.

Who is out there, that they think they’re going to get, and who will make it worth it to fire their current guy? Serious question.

Memtownvol and smokysbark like this.
  10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

He had already ruled them out. AU and A&M was the main competition there, and he was at AU this past weekend. And as we've seen, if AU really wants someone we're after, they usually get em. Guess we'll see what happens.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kris Abrams-Draine, De'Rickey Wright and Jabari Small are guy from Ole Miss's recruiting class that Tennessee was after at one point

12. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

One of these SEC schools is surely going to offer Matt Campbell a lot of money to come and build their program back to respectability. And he will give all these legacy coaches a kick square in the nuts.

13. Tenacious D

I don’t doubt you’re right, and that he’ll be in high demand, as I also think he’s a legit and excellent coach.

But if I’m Campbell, there’s no way in hell that I leave Ames, Iowa for Fayetteville, Oxford, Columbia or any of these never-were P5 gigs.

I’m waiting on USC, ND, etc., and don’t even talk to those cats.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. Tenacious D

I’m assuming that everyone is salivating over Kiffin, Norvell, Leach and Bill Clark.

Kiffin should be the first call for each of the SEC schools currently open, but especially Arkansas and Mizzou.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wouldn't leave a cush job for any of the open SEC jobs.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

hell naw. Arky is another 2-3 year then fired deal playing vs bama, auburn, lsu and aggies

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Aggies are closer to the Arkansas tier than the Bama/LSU tier, imo.

With a solid hire, I don’t see why Arkansas couldn’t routinely ring up 4-4 or 5-3 conference records, and run its noncon schedule for some 8-9 win seasons.

justingroves likes this.
  18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

OM's case is really dumb. Luke would have kept them competitive on field and signing good classes without attracting too much undue attention. Now they're looking at paying through the nose for someone with a similar ceiling to that of Luke or they risk embarrassing themselves with a sour hire.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Any chance that pee deal was the backbreaker? Fans and boosters seemed to be good rolling with Luke, plus they have 2 decent freshmen qbs.

20. Tenacious D

Agreed, plus I don’t think that they can hire Lane, and who I think is easily the best of all the coaches who they could viably hope to land.

I think they’re afraid that Arkansas was going to hire Norvell, and they’ve pulled the trigger so as to jump in the fray (sort of what UGA did with Richt, when they heard Smart was going to USC).