POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I will let her boss answer the question:

“From the start of her tenure as editor in chief of Newsweek, Nancy Cooper has moved the newsroom toward strong reporting, such as the scoop on Baghdadi’s killing, and away from knee-jerk political snarkiness,” added the spokesperson. “This story did not meet the standards she has set.”

Triggered much?

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

And correct me when I hit something inaccurate:

1) Hasn't it been common over the past 20 years for a President to make a clandestine trip like this.

2) Would it be unusual for a President who did so last year to do so again?

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Reporting on #1 and #2 based on past events would be using the same measures of probability (whig is why the word PROBABLY was used) as saying that he would be tweeting and playing golf.

They are both using past events to initiate a current opinion.

I don't get how this is hard for you to understand.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The only person here triggered is the guy who posted the tweet by Don Jr. You must immediately hate on anything news media related because you have this idea that they are all out to pull one over on you.

Your delusion is your own making.

True or false VolDad, firings are business decisions?

Correct me when we hit something inaccurate.

1. Person who tweets and plays golf will visit golf course for vacation.

2. Reporter writes #1 will probably do #1.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I expected this to be an opinion piece when o read the word ‘probably.’ But it looks like it was by a news headline?

if intended to be a news piece, then that’s just odd and shouldn’t have been written. It’s not news.

6. cpninja

cpninja Member

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

cpninja likes this.
  9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So the Dems got 3 people and the Republicans got 1?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

or could only find one, and the best that it could be spun was "premature" to impeach.

Trump declined to have his lawyer present or to participate or to call witnesses.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

As if it would make a difference to this clown show precursor to the clown show to come in the Senate.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yeah that's why. This is not bipartisan and you know it. Will not be in the Senate either.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It should be bipartisan and clear cut. It's about as obvious a case of impeachment as has ever been put forth. Political interests and the culpability of certain politicians has affected their response and resistance to his actions, but the accusations have been very clearly and effectively dileanated in the impeachment inquiry articles. If this isn't impeachment, then impeachment itself serves no purpose.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

why should this be political at all? it's simple: did he withhold authorized military aid for a political favor? If so, he must be impeached.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Why must he be impeached rather than censured; or other options.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Dem answer- Yes
    Republican answer- No

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Because Dems have said since day 1 that they want him impeached.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If he did do this, I believe it is the essence of corruption. I believe he did it. I believe he knew what he was doing when he did it. I believe he should be removed from office as he is acting like a criminal, and not in the interests of the Nation, but himself.

I believe censure would have been the easiest route to take and would have probably garnered more non-partisan support and would have possibly hurt him in the election. But who am I kidding, he could indeed shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose a single vote.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So he has done no good while in office? Its all been to only benefit him? It just blows my mind how much hate can blind people from the fact that shit is not falling apart.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

A murderer can also be a philanthropist. Doesn't mean he doesn't go to prison.

I am only looking at this one act of his, not the body of his work. Nixon ordered a break in, but he did a hell of a lot of good as well.