Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Maybe he felt that the program was slipping and he went the right guy to get it back on track. Or maybe he’s just come to the conclusion that he’s got plenty of money and doesn’t want to put up with the grind. Plus it’s been reported that he doesn’t have a very good relationship with his AD.

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Fake news.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Kiffin is actually perfect for Ole Miss.

OneForVol likes this.
  4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

recharging sure feels like he ends up somewhere else in 12 months.

uw boosters are huge pain in the asses, so that could be a factor

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Yeah I hadn’t seen the “re-charge” language before I posted. That doesn’t sound like someone who is done with coaching. Interesting to see where he could land in the next year or so.

droski likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Where aren't there pain in the ass boosters? Seems to be a universal constant.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

programs with no facilities.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Honestly I don’t think it’s as bad in the B10 as a lot of other places. One of my friends from college works in the UM athletic department and he’s told me he’s surprised at how hands off the boosters are. I mean obviously there’s a certain amount of ass kissing that has to happen to placate them, but it’s not as bad as most schools where some boosters are calling the coaches directly to vent their frustrations.

9. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Kiffin wants Arkansas for the money and to get to Saban on a yearly basis. This is his last chance.

**TDCVOL** likes this.
  10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Yep...

11. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I really feel like this is what Kiffin wants. He wants Arkansas and they can pay him.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Finebaum saying that he was in a recruits living room when he got the call that he was fired.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

that's kinda gross.

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It's the difference in Athletic Departments. Places that win consistently have a very clear heirarchy between boosters and the Athletic Director. Places that lose a lot and are always in and out of the threat of probation are schools that have no enforced relationships between the money and the AD.

15. NorrisAlan

Bet that visit ended well.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Would be a funny Danny Mcbride skit as a coach on the road who gets that call and goes ballistic.

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The past couple of days on MGOBoard have been entertaining. 25 % want to fire everyone, including Harbaugh, the other 75% have been [itch bay]ing about how unfair it is that they do things the “right way” and have to compete against schools that do nothing but cheat. Some have even been complaining that the online courses that Justin Fields takes at OSU shouldn’t be considered real college courses.

18. NorrisAlan

Hahah, "the right way".

How naive do you have to be?

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I would think rule #1 would be to turn your ringer off when you are in a recruits living room.

It's like church, only more.

utvol0427, VolDad and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The old joke amongst OSU fans is that AA for Ann Arbor actually stands for arrogant assholes.