2020 recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Dec 21, 2018.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

100% it was the back breaker. Was a high profile public humiliation.

He could’ve lost the game and survived. But can’t lose it in such embarrassing fashion and have everyone talking about how undisciplined and unaware your team is.

IP, Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

They should have kept their powder dry. I believe Tenny is all over this one though. the rouge money that seems to always get in the way of OM's football success pulled the trigger on this because they were worried that they'd miss out on Norvell.

3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He'd be a good fit for them but I doubt he wants to take on the stress of major college football at a place where it will take him 3 years assembling a squad that stands a puncher's chance.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Could be. I can’t imagine being that infatuated with Mike Norvell, but there’s plenty of dumb in college athletics.

The mid-majors give us a Mike Norvell every year...nothing special about that guy.

5. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Is Kyle Wittingham a Utah born/bred guy? I just wonder why more big schools aren't trying to get him out of there.

6. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

That's fair. None of these open SEC jobs are better than where he is currently for sure.

Tenacious D likes this.
  7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He’s Mormon, IIRC.

And which is just two theological rungs above Buddhism, itself 1 rung above essential oils and chiropractors.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Actually, Buddhism is between chiropractor and essential oils/homeopathy.

Tenacious D and Memtownvol like this.
  9. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm not saying the guy is proven, but have seen some NFL guys on Twitter that really enjoy the stuff he does on offense. Plus I think he's got some pretty solid recruiting chops.

He stepped into a good situation there, but I think he legitimately has built the most talented G5 roster right now.

The defensive coaching will be a big problem for him, though. That and playing in a conference where they actually put talented athletes on defense.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If teams only had to worry about his in-game decision-making, and not off-the-field, he’d have been plucked out of Memphis State long ago.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He'd be crazy to leave. He's got a damn good chance of being in the CFP at Utah, is making $4 million per year, and would have to have an multi-year implosion of epic proportions to even be on the hot seat.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jabari Small just de-committed from Ole Miss. He's really good friends with Omari Thomas.

He's a running back that Tennessee offered late

EDIT: Austin Price is saying he's officially visiting on the 13th

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  13. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

It’s going to mean the difference of about 10-15 million total dollars to a guy like Kiffin. He’s making 2.75 now. Got to imagine he’ll get 4 Million and a 5 year deal. Maybe even more if the bidding gets going and he plays two jobs.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's going to give half away in child support. The USC buyout was 7 or 8 million too. Money won't be what drives his decision.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Looks like the Ole Miss insider changed his CB to us. I'd say this means Omari is on board unless he's punking us to get his buddy an offer.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We’ve had a few Ole Miss commits reach out to Pruitt.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think we still have an outside shot to get Ojulari back too...LSUs numbers are tight and supposedly about to land another DE, and Pruitt is still contacting him.

Hardy is supposedly gonna wait until the later signing period which is probably good for us if so.

We could still land a pretty decent class if a few of these go our way.

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Hardy, Baron, Omari, Ojulari, Washington, Small, Whitehead, Tisdol, Oxycodone, Dennis...won't get em all, but there's still a shot at a decent class there

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Whitehead didn’t make it in this weekend for his visit.

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

"X" from Basilio made a great point regarding him the other day when he said that's he'd pass on him with consideration to how he lied to not just coaches but current players and incoming recruits. I know that isn't a popular opinion here but I kinda share his sentiment.