Jennings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 26, 2019.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

ſauan ſennings, imo.

A-Smith and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Had Jennings meant to do it we'd be having dudes funeral today.

3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm hoping Phil got a FL bowl guarantee when he agreed to the 1st half suspension.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It was intentional and he did no harm, but the intent deserved the 1/2 game. Him looking away at the moment is not a great argument as he knew the player was there as just tackled him and stood straight up. The idea he didn't know he was there is just so nonsensical, looking at the video. Additionally, when he steps on the face he does the little push down one does when they are stepping down intentionally instead of the little hop away when you realize you are stepping one something you didn't intend to do so.

Also, let's not kid ourselves that Jennings doesn't have a bit of an edge, hot-headed nature to him, which is what we love about him, and was going berserk on the sidelines immediately afterwards.

Point being:

1. He stomped on his head knowingly
    2. The suspension was fair
    3. He's still awesome

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Jennings will be perfect for some team in the AFC North.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

he stomped on his head? how much do you think he weighs?

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If you believe 1? How can you justify 2? I just think you have to do more than that for something intentional like that.

8. Unimane

He didn't stand on his head.

9. Unimane

Perhaps I should say "fair and lucky".

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

are you sure? I saw him slide a foot across his head as he stepped away in a crowd. if you saw a stomp, as far as I am concerned you may have seen him perform River Dance.

utvol0427 likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There was no stomp. It was a brushing of his face. If he had stomped, Vandy guy would have been bleeding profusely.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Has the Vandy guy said anything about it since?

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Don't know how you can say it was 100% intentional.

Jennings had a chin strap around his eyes and a ton of people around him getting up after taking a ride on a slip and slide. The guy suffered no injuries besides hurt feelings.

chavisut likes this.
  14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

How the heck can you tell what happened? Did the Vandy player run his mouth? Was there jawing back and forth? Sure I am a JJ fan but there just isn’t enough there...other than a bad ass legal hit that dropped my sack 4 inches.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Some people see what they want to see and are incapable of anything else.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Vision is impaired due to his headgear.

[​IMG]

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If it was Henry T, being pulled and shoved in the back while standing up off balance with his knees 6 inches out in front of his feet which were trapped behind him, by a player on the ground and amongst several other legs, while his helmet is halfway off, decided to take a step and gtfo of the scrum, then it wouldnt have been a blip. This is about bias and JJs past got him. Fine. Its just a half. Lets call it what it is. His prior issues are why it's happening

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

can someone who thinks it was a stomp produce a screen shot in which the bottom of Jennings foot is parallel to the ground and contacting the player's head? if it is a stomp, that should be easy. How could it be a stomp if the bottom of the shoe isnt connecting with the head in a downward movement on the z-axis?

Teach me about these top of foot lateral and upward stomps. Is every stomp really two stomps, when the foot comes back up?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do dogs stomp their asses across the carpet when their glands are full?

Can I take a stomp off your cigarette? if I drop the cigarette and slide my foot over it, did I stomp it out?

Is Stomp The Musical actually a silent production?

20. Unimane

So, I want to see Jennings do this? Uh, ok.

Anyway, I'm not worried or concerned about. He's got a half left for my Vols and, then, if I'm lucky, he's in the slot for the Packers next year.