Jennings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 26, 2019.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

All I know is the Dolphins won't draft him because the Dolphins are stupid.

kmf600 likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He'll beat the hell out of Preston Williams again if he goes there

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We all know the worst will happen. He will end up a Patriot.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

If the SEC actually thought it was a stomp would he only be out a half?

It is 100% not a stomp. If he did on purpose or not is not certain.

IP likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

JJ's past influences your opinion, imo. I worry about him clearing medical with his knee. Hope its not a big issue. If I was him, I don't know that i'd run the 40.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It will always be my opinion he was stepping where he was stepping, no matter what was there, because there was nowhere else to step when he decided to bolt. Anybody else here had their chinstrap and grill all up in their face and been able to see jack shit? Or care where you stepped? If the SEC thought he could be a little less enthusiastic and maybe lay on top of the player until someone pulled him off, then they have set a precedent.
    Plus, saying JJ tried to stomp somebody and missed, is close to blasphemy.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

"Daddy didn't stomp my face."

- Vandy player

Memtownvol, warhammer and A-Smith like this.
  8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Unimane can

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm not sure, but I'm going to err on the side of him being innocent because I'm a homer. I do think someone who cleats or intentionally steps on someone as he's being accused should be punished more stiffly than sitting out a half. I think negotiations were conducted so the SEC could believe they would come out of this looking like having done something. They do look like they are inept, stupid, and/or corrupt. I'll give them that.

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

The Athletic podcast with Ubben and Rexrode kept saying "if Jennings were in the Vandy player's position, you would want the other player to get suspended."

But Jennings wouldn't have been in that position because he's not a Vandy [itch bay], so the point is moot.

dknash and Memtownvol like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

but I don't see how stepping, stomping or clearing somebody could not leave a mark. if this was a violent act perpetrated with a cleat to the face, he should at least have some scratches.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I agree with you. I'm just saying if you believe he did it on purpose, you have to be harsher with the punishment than a half-time suspension. It's silly. I believe they don't believe he did it. I think they are trying to make it look like they are doing something because guys like Joe Rexrode are out there writing that he did it on purpose.

kmf600, IP and Memtownvol like this.
  13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He’d have stood up and handled things. Not laid there like a girl and had his administrators whine to Sankey 24/7.

Memtownvol and utvol0427 like this.
  14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It has taken over IP’s view of Southern cooking as the dumbest take ever on the board.

PilotFlyingJ and utvol0427 like this.
  15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Damn.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's not my fault everyone else is wrong.

And Southern cooking isn't anything spectacular.

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You're inserting malicious intent where there is zero sign of one.

18. Unimane

Oh, c'mon, zero? Jennings even says he stepped on the dudes head, if you watch the replay of the game. To be fair, he may have just seen the replay on the jumbotron.

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

You have hit rock bottom and kept digging. For a guy who seems to be level headed for the most part you are wrong on so many levels. Football and food in this case.

20. Unimane

It's not all bad, but give me a bratwurst any day over BBQ or most any other Southern food.

I will make an exception for cornbread. Shit is fantastic.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.