POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The left doesn’t care about individuals just their groups which is going to get messy.

Their love about gays is more social signaling than anything and you don’t have the numbers to have power. So you’re a throw away group to them.

I really hate postmodernism.

gcbvol likes this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

[uck fay] that shit.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The truth, laid bare.

gcbvol likes this.
  5. gcbvol

It's true. The dirty little secret is the only difference between racism, sexism and homophobia between the far right and far left is the left has been better at disguising it. That mask is now slipping.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Couple of thoughts/questions:

- Are those things really limited to the far side of either party? How are we defining far here?

- Did that BLM guy strike you as a homophobe? Or being homophobic? Was he there because Pete is gay? Or is he a Bernie guy that is protesting Pete’s race issues in South Bend (fair or not) while being an idiot and forgetting that the first rule of BLM is, well, black lives (and voices) matter?

Maybe there is more context on this that I’m missing.

7. gcbvol

It's not limited to the extremes, but that's where it's more prevalent IMO. I have no reason to believe the guy in South Bend is homophobic. He was, however, exhibiting racist behavior while representing BLM of all things. When you tell a Black elected official elected by Black constituents (w/75% of the vote) she is not a "real" Black leader and forcibly takes the microphone from her you're behaving like a massive racist. I'm sure in his mind he believes the opposite, but here's the deal - a lot of folks who speak or act like racists are completely oblivious to it. Doesn't make it any less racist.

Also, there were a series of tweets before the event by Bernie folks planning the whole thing because they hate Pete. It's not about supporting POC, it was all about disrupting an event organized by local Black leaders who support Pete to tear down their candidate's opponent. It was pathetic behavior by small people who used Black people as tokens. They are everything they falsely accuse Pete of being.

Tenacious D and droski like this.
  8. TennTradition

It was a disgusting scene, no doubt. Hope it’s widely shared.

9. TennTradition

didn’t you know that real black people don’t wear leather jackets or jewelry?

gcbvol and Tenacious D like this.
  10. gcbvol

I mean. Think about how that can easily be perceived as racist. He's implying real Black people can't afford leather jackets, suits or jewelry.

11. TennTradition

Yeah, that’s definitely the part where I get your racist angle. For sure.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

True, but this sort of logic on labeling racism is usually selectively applied based on what position the person robed in success is supporting.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If Biden is the Dem candidate and wins the election the same shit that is going on now will continue. GOP will treat him like Trump has been treated or worse. It will be unbearable like it is now.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The biggest insult I've ever seen on this site

Tenacious D likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Biden doesn't need to speak publicly, ever and he may pull it off. Every single time he speaks without notes or a teleprompter, he looks and sounds like a senile old man.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Juicy J disagrees

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Biden is a senile old man.

Tenacious D likes this.
  18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m glad people are finally starting to come around to the idea that Biden and Trump are the exact same thing, just on different sides of the isle. Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s a enough time to jettison both sacks of shit into the political gulf, for lack of a better term.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Again, you just described Trump.

The double standard is breath taking.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don’t think trump is senile though