POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You made me double check the definition of senile to make sure it still meant what I thought it meant.

He absolutely is.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Trump sounds like a pompous asshole, not a senile old man.

3. cpninja

cpninja Member

It was the same way with Obama. Regardless of who wins in 2020, the opposition party will be unbearable because it works in our current system. Neither party has any incentive to work with the other, outside of the increasingly shrinking number of things that are completely non-partisan. I'd hope that eventually this kind of thing has consequences but it doesn't look like it!

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Of the Democrats, who do you prefer? If you don't mind me asking.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What groves said

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Are you saying that the Republicans were the same with Obama as the Democrats are with Trump?

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No serious person believes them similar.

Half the country thinks Trump to be a senile old man - the dumb half.

The nation is united in believing that Biden is a senile old man.

So, let me snip this bit of silly false equivalency in the bud, before it takes hook in you two and claim it as fact, later.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m interested in Yang, Mayor Pete and Warren and admittedly need to study them more.

I’m hoping it’s not Biden, Sanders or Bloomberg, though the first two seem likelier to me at this point, than anybody I’ve named.

I think it’ll be Biden.

9. Tenacious D

Oh, it has consequences, all terrible.

10. Tenacious D

“Not Trump.”
    - Dooz

11. Tenacious D

I’ve seen Wil E. Coyote set less obvious traps, than this.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Would be an okay consolation prize.

13. cpninja

cpninja Member

worse

tvolsfan, IP, The Dooz and 1 other person like this.
  14. cpninja

cpninja Member

thankfully I have fewer brain cells than the road runner

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Windbag gonna windbag.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think there will be partisanship, but I actually don't think it will be as bad as now, nor in the future. That is unless we have another president so abjectly willing to engage in daily taunts, threats, self-promotion and general chicken fighting with public figures. I don't know of anyone out there, other than some nimrods in the House, whom are willing and have the energy to do it as relentlessly as Trump. He is a unique confluence of completely inept at his job, unnaturally sensitive, completely lacking morals and devoid of any guiding principles other than servicing himself. He calls places which don't vote for him "cesspools" and insults them due to the person representing him saying something negative about him. It's relentless and I really don't see anyone courting and so markedly advocating a divide in the manner Trump does.

Now, I think there will be rancor, division and unnecessary obstinacy, but not like this. I adamantly maintain this type of president is completely out of the ordinary and not a part of any continuing trend. I'm quite certain most Republicans hate Trump's guts and think he's an idiot, too. So, I don't know how strong the "revenge" energy will be.

The Dooz likes this.
  17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Thank you. I am intrigued by Pete, Yang, Klobucher, and Gabbard.

I would probably be okay with Biden or Bloomberg as I believe they would get us back to some sense of normalcy; a President who acts Presidential.

Bloomberg describes himself as socially liberal and fiscal moderate which more closely follows my way of thinking.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I actually think Warren is sincere, and I'm a sucker for sincerity.

But man is she left.

The Dooz likes this.
  19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

While the bar to getting back to acting Presidential or restoring some sense of normalcy is pretty low based on the current situation, I feel most of the serious candidates can provide that at least.

My issue with Bloomberg is that I’m sure billionaires entering the race by simply outspending their opponents is a model we need.

20. Tenacious D

LLOL.