POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is both the most cogent and best post you’ve ever written.

It’s a Winter Solstice miracle!

2. Tenacious D

You have goofy political beliefs, but you’ve never struck me as being stupid or ignorant.

I assume this is why I’ve never confused you with Dooz.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

“Okay”
    “Perfect”
    “Indeed”

Glad we got that out of the way.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Blowhard D thinks I’m stupid or ignorant. What ever am I going to do with myself.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Not a word that I would use to describe her.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If you were to change the person from Obama to Clinton I might take it more seriously. I think that she was under constant investigation more so than he was.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Listen to her talk. Not the sound bites, but her testimonies in front of various Senate committees before she was elected.

Warren has not been a career politician.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

His argument to that is that he is spending his money while everyone else is spending money they have taken from others. "Others" who will be expecting something in return.

The Dooz likes this.
  9. Tenacious D

Perfect.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Indeed. Again.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Obama was so clean, his opponents went after his pastor instead. Think about that.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I know it's abundantly clear I support the guy, but this is a pretty good write up on what has been going on with Pete. Media has been sketchy, but nothing compared to full-on hatred online. He routinely gets called racist and white nationalist by those to his left. Online is not real life, I know, but it's still insane. Whether he has a snowball's chance in hell against Trump or not I now want him to win the nomination just to knock the purity testing woke down a notch.

The Media's Pete Buttigieg Problem

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i think he could beat trump, but he's going to have a hell of a time winning the nomination.

14. cpninja

cpninja Member

Just goofy? I gotta post more

15. Tenacious D

Fair.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

They’re coming for him
    https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article238088149.html

“Top liberal leaders from multiple organizations are independently crafting strategies that center around three prongs: a heightened focus on Buttigieg’s checkered record on race in South Bend, Ind., his little-known work at the McKinsey consulting firm and an argument that his tempered policy proposals align with the wishes of large corporations."

gcbvol likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Honestly, who aren't "they" coming for these days? Which candidate/president isn't being in some way raked over or shut out?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Warren, maybe? She seems like the one that gets the least amount of shit.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

She gets knocked for not being liberal enough, having worked as a corporate consultant and making "millions" from that. of course that figure is several years worth of earnings but that doesn't make for a splashy line.

She gets knocked for the wealth tax on the right. she gets knocked for wanting to ban fracking, which technically only Congress can do anyway...

Every candidate is receiving snipes and a lot of them are misleading snipes.

20. Tenacious D

She lied about her ethnicity to get into school.

She continued in that lie in being listed as a Native American professor.

She just bald-face lied to a woman who asked if her kids went to public or private school.

Every politician lies. But the smart ones lie in smart ways on smart things for smart reasons.

She’s a dumb liar.