Bowl Eligible

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Lexvol, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I prefer the Gator but IMO the Gator wants us, so if we end up in the Music City again, I assume that it’s because we had our reasons to want to stay in-state, and I’m fine with that. Even making a bowl still feels like a win.

Now if the Outback against a ranked opponent is on the table, that’s different. But Gator against Indiana? Whatever

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Won’t Alabama and Auburn be in the Citrus and Outback?

3. Tar Volon

Unless Oregon’s showing helps Auburn jump Penn State in the final CFP rankings. Have they released the full top 25 yet? I wasn’t watching the selection show.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not until 3pm

5. Tar Volon

Damn, gave it to Penn State. I thought there was a pretty good case for Auburn jumping them (better wins, better losses), but the committee went with overall record.

Looks like we’ll get our pick of Jacksonville against Indiana or Nashville against Louisville. Neither are awe-inspiring, but both are solid chances to get that eighth win, and after our start, I’m not complaining even a little bit.

6. mmmjtx

mmmjtx Member

CBS reports Tennessee v Louisville in Music City Bowl.

7. TimRoo

TimRoo Member

With Kentucky getting the Gator and Ms St getting the Belk. I guess this is payback for Tennessee getting one or two slightly undeserved Florida bowls under Butch.

8. Tar Volon

We won by 20+ in both our Florida bowls under Butch, so I’m going with “Kentucky gets an undeserved Gator to avoid a rematch with Louisville.”

9. Tar Volon

Don’t love having a bowl game that starts while I’m at work, but I am not complaining about any bowl right now. Louisville has been very up and down and will be excited to be there, so we need to buckle down and get some clear separation.

10. TimRoo

TimRoo Member

Sure, but when they were announced there was an SEC team or two with better records. Hence, slightly.

11. CardinalVol

Serious question, how does this help recruiting?

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Can’t imagine that it moves the needle at all

13. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Tenny or whoever runs the 8th Twitter account is going ape shit crazy over us going to MCB. Lol

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

Apparently we wanted it because it helped with recruiting somehow. And I don't know how.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I’m not sure it’s 100% MCB

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Midstate kids can easily attend? I dunno.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Look at the Matt Jones twitter account

18. CardinalVol

I'm, so now state is in Music City?

19. TimRoo

TimRoo Member

Yeah, seeing that too. All hell breaking loose, as usual in coaching searches and bowl games.

Gator Bowl bound?

20. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Sounds like Gator now