Chaney....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Big O, Dec 8, 2019.

1. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

Why not have both Tate and Cade

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Cade would have to sit out a year.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No

4. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

97974ABA-6239-4DA9-91CD-E7A8A0B0E1AD.png Ole Tate don’t seem too happy about big Sam leaving

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Agreed. I didn’t realize that he had only been the HC at App. St. for 1 year.

I saw something (Twitter, IIRC) that said that enrollment at Mizzou was so far down that the school was actually renting out unused dorm rooms to people coming in for short stays (ie games, concerts, etc.), like a hotel.

If true, and indicative of their reality, I wonder if the cat would have had more support and resources at App. St., and might have been better off staying there.

If they just fired Odom, an alum who spent 20+ years there and saw it as his destination job...I don’t think I’d ever get too comfortable.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If Ratledge doesn’t go to UGA because Pittman left....why wouldn’t it make the most sense for him to just follow him to Arky?

I’ll hang up and listen.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

10 hour drive from home, then Fayetteville is on the other end and your address is in Arkansas, and you know nobody else there.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well Pittman won't be his position coach there. Also Arkansas is the worst thing in the world.

**TDCVOL** likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a few hours from Athens or Knoxville. Arkansas is a long ways away

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Because Cade doesn't want to be too close to home.

VolDad likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

remember, mizzou allowed itself to go lord of the flies so I imagine that has seriously curtailed its attractiveness for attending.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You talking about when the team boycotted to support that hunger striking dude that was mad he wasn't getting enough scholarship money or something?

justingroves likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes and the professor with the crazy eyes was physically not allowing white students and media from accessing the quad, but gifting us with the "triggered" meme. I think all that seemed like potential distractions a prospective student may avoid.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm trying to remember... wasn't something insane like Mizzou across the board started giving grad students less financial aid or something and the guy tried to make it racist? Seems like it was a very weak claim.

Also I think his hunger strike lasted like 13 hours and had several snack breaks.

justingroves and hohenfelsvol like this.
  15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Can't leave out when the gay kid said someone driving the redneck truck from Forrest Gump called him the n-word.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

forgot about that. though I don't know for certain if it was false. did he recant, or was it shown to be false?

I grew up in maynardville and had this happen right in front of me, so I don't think it is impossible.

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It wreaked of bullshit. Seems like the kid (or maybe his father) had done a grievance stunt like that before.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Honestly, in regards to a racial slant by a university, who cares? What the hell is the university supposed to do about that? Any random redneck could drive onto UT's campus right now and do the same thing.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I can't stop giggling at this.

20. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

You ever been to Starkville?