Memphis vs Tennessee 12-14-2019

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by A-Smith, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Was there any doubt he would miss the free throw?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

No one in this building thought he was making that

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We got a lot more Ls coming.

4. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Turner and Bowden have been worthless.

5. Unimane

Again, the lack of recruiting for 2017 and 2018 is readily apparent. I'm glad it changed.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’d have probably traded three or four L’s for this one. W.

7. Unimane

Yes, we do.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think we all knew there were going to be games like this this season, but wow that was awful. Fulkerson is probably the only guy I’d say played well all game. JJJ started hot and then didn’t do much, Pons had some solid plays and some bad ones, Turner had maybe his worst game in his UT career, Bowden wasn’t any good, the depth guys aren’t ready. Why’d y’all have to do that against Memphis?

9. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Yup. Our Defense will keep games close, but can't survive offensive implosions like that.

Time to snag one more against Wisconsin or Cincy and lock up that tournament slot.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bowden and Turner didn’t even need to be good. 10 apiece and it’s a W

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If either Bowden or Turner has just a bad and now awful game, we win.

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Positive note - it's cool watching James's progression so far this year. I've got high hopes for him during the SEC schedule.

Tar Volon likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Needed better obviously, but ive heard some good points about kids having relationships as sophs in HS and by the time they are srs, its hard to come in and get moving.
    Not so easy to jump into a last place program and make up years of relationships very quickly.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This year is what it is. They’ll see a VERY different team in Nashville next year.

15. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Great timing for our players to go ice cold. Not only a ranked state rival but coached by an obnoxious narcissist with a sympathetic microphone always close by. Great. Great. Great.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Top 3 scorers cant go 6-30. It'll happen again, but this team has to keep launching. No other options.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yep. You can’t have two failed classes in a row and have it not show. We’re paying the price right now and probably will next year, although a top five freshman class will certainly help

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I love Lamonte, but he is not a pg.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We will be lightyears better next year.

20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Turner and Bowden have worked their tails off during their time here. They’re in the 1,000 point club. But this game is where the talent upgrade of Keon Johnson and Jaden Springer will show next year.