Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jan 3, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A projected depth chart for the offense

LT: Wanya Morris
    LG: Jerome Carvin
    C: Brandon Kennedy
    RG: Calbert
    RT: Wright
    TE: Pope/Fant
    QB: Bailey
    RB: Gray/Jordan/Whitehead or Hodge
    WR: Palmer
    WR: Keyton
    WR: Brandon Johnson

Gibbs and Tillman will play quite a bit at receiver too. The incoming freshmen have a chance to play as well.

I don't think Chandler returns, I want him to but he's been replaced. If he does, that's great, he's a good back.

There's some actual depth on the interior oline now. If Jahmir Johnson doesn't leave, he's the 6th lineman and plays quite a bit. If he does, tackle depth is an issue.

I don't expect Guarantano back, even if he does come back I expect Bailey to beat him out. Once that happens, this becomes 100% Pruitt's baby.

Another qb probably leaves too.

This should be a fairly young, exciting offense to watch, assuming Guarantano isn't involved.

Volgrad98, chavisut and The Dooz like this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

15-0

Already got my hotel booked in Miami.

hohenfelsvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

On defense

The defensive line is deep and experienced.

The middle linebackers will be To'oto'o, Peterson, Crouch and a lot of youth. If Banks comes back, Crouch goes outside.

The outside linebackers/pass rushers will be DeAndre Johnson, Roman Harrison and Kivon Bennett with young guys after that.

The defensive backfield has two top end corners in Taylor and Thompson. Warren Burrell is there for depth.

If Shamburger stays eligible, I'll be impressed. If not, we'll Kenney Solomon and Keshawn Lawrence there.

The safeties should be fine. McCollough is a very good player, Theo Jackson and Trevon Flowers can play and we'll see Tyus Fields there too.

A lot of youth everywhere but corner and the dline.

Memtownvol, Volgrad98 and The Dooz like this.
  4. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Man, we needed to sign a TE.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We have 2 4* TEs who redshirted

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not really, Tennessee redshirted two of them from the 2019 class.

Right now, there's Austin Pope, Princeton Fant, Jacob Warren, Sean Brown and Jackson Lowe on scholarship.

Also, two of the best tight ends in the country in the 2020 class are in state guys Tennessee has been all over since Pruitt got here.

7. Power_T16

Power_T16 Chieftain

Is Shamburger eligibility iffy? Hadn't heard that. Thought he had his best game in Orange last night.

I think it's pretty locked up that Banks comes back if he doesn't mess up again.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Tim Jordan seems like he’s been here 25 seasons

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he's fine grades wise, but he's used up a lot of chances as far as his behavior

Power_T16 likes this.
  10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He’s developing into a pretty good nickel/star. Need him back.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

8 or 9 regular season wins should be expected from this point forward. It's year 3 now.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

OL, DL, and DB will be the best units.

WR will be the most surprising.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A functional qb will make the receivers better. Brandon Johnson has a chance to pull a Travis Stephens too

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It's all about the QB on offense. I'm not sold that we ve seen the end of JG and while Bailey is a Fr and Maurer is still green, JG is what he is. If UT wants to make the next step that position is the easiest pick.

Gray has had 2 good games to finish the season but if Chandler leaves the depth is questionable.

WR loses a lot but theres a lot of talent there.

Kennedy coming back is big. OL should be good.

Bituli is hard to replace but they should be pretty good on that side with another year.

15. Ssmiff

Good sign is we had multiple freshmen who looked like they can compete with anybody, bookends on OL and stud at lb and rb is a good base

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Still pretty so-so at RB unless Gray shows he can do it against decent teams. Also not sure how well we can run without Trey Smith. QB is still a potential disaster and WR is fairly unknown. Seems like another year of praying our defense can hang on.

Need Keyshawn Lawrence to be the real deal or maybe Flowers to step up.
    Need someone to fill Bituli's spot and hopefully some OLBs that can play, too.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

QB sucks
    Rbs are terrible
    WR are weak
    OL can't block
    DL can't get off blocks
    LBs can't tackle
    DBs can't cover
    STs are awful

18. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

The WRs are weak ? YOU'RE WEAK !

19. Ssmiff

1989 stroke out during the game? You'd think he would be pleased with the great comeback, but not much since his fire pruit in game rant.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Flowers has been good when he's not breaking his collarbone or his leg.