POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Programming is more of a thought process than anything else. If you can't think logically, sequentially, or break problems down to a series of sub problems you'll write shitty code. If you can, then you know the basics and but still need to learn how to structure your code using OO principles and SOLID techniques. But if you don't have the thought process you'll never be able to do it.
    I've met some self taught people that are good, but most are shit because they don't have the foundation of knowing how to design a solution; they can only hack stuff together. Which is fine when you have a 10-20K line code base on github, but never gonna work when developing and maintaining enterprise and commercial applications.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, he was a lawyer.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Adios Senator Booker.

He made a fool of himself during the Kavenaugh stuff and never recovered. Whoever advised him to act that way should be smacked.

tvolsfan likes this.
  4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

And also he isn't really likeable on a national level.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You... you think that had anything to do with his primary performance?

6. CardinalVol

He was one of those I kinda liked even though I didn't agree with him on much anything when he was mayor. But then he became a Senator, and promptly went nuts.

7. CardinalVol

Momentum is a thing in all areas. Not sure he was ever going to win. But he didn't do himself any favors with that either.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

9. CardinalVol

That said, he never had any kind of campaign vision or message either.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He's the equivalent of making a copy of a copy of a copy on the copier, except with Obama.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

He chose big pharma as his special interest. that's a bipartisan anchor.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

He’s a senator from NJ. Big pharma owns him.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

The bros are now coming after your preferred candidate en masse, IP. Prepare for a lot of ugly.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good. May the strongest survive.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is Highlander shit, gcb. and I don't mean the movie, I mean the Adrian Paul tv series with the Queen soundtrack. You can bang another immortal on the side, try to have an immortal protege... but in the end someone will take their head.

One of these two had to slay the other, and absorb their power. I don't know why you thought your candidate could just win without a quickening or two.

There is no sanctuary. There can be only one. May it be Duncan McLeod. The Highlander.

gcbvol likes this.
  18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Good point taken. Maybe I'm naive (I am), but I long for a modicum of civility in these battles of ideology. What's funny is the actual candidates are generally classy, but their surrogates are anything but. I hate the ugliness, distortions and lies to get ahead. It may be politics, but it's a massive turn off for me. I expect something better than what we have today, not a different flavor of the same thing.

19. CardinalVol

And Master Puppeteer Nancy is just sitting in DC making sure neither of them can get out and campaign and giving Biden the nod.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    VolDad and justingroves like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

all of these folks are friendly with one another. it is indeed the underlings who do this shit this way. And it is just about winning. Winning campaigns get jobs.