MLB

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, Aug 13, 2015.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I would have been fine with the Cubs hiring Espada, thought he would have been solid manager.

We’d be looking for a manager right now too.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is why Al Gore invented the internets.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The Syndergaard shot at the end was the best part!

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I wish it was Arod that said it and I wish ESPN would fire him.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I do wonder what it would have been like if he had said that instead of her.

6. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

They were lightning quick with this system.

7. NorrisAlan

Good lord. Not even subtle about it.

8. CardinalVol

What in the blue blazes, Boston?

9. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I’ve never been able to figure out why Betts was on the trade block. Finances were the reason given, but when he’s right he may be the best player not named Trout

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

This has been coming. FSG is hellbent on cutting payroll.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They’re trying to get back under the luxury tax threshold, so the penalties reset and they could, conceivably spend again.

Cubs are trying to do the same thing with Kris Bryant, thinking he won’t re-sign and they can’t (see also: don’t) want to pay him.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

In other news, Manny Ramirez is apparently close to signing with Parma in Italy. Random.

13. CardinalVol

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

15. CardinalVol

I've got a client who works for MLB. This was my email to him with the subject "Playoff Proposal"

No.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Please, no.

16. CardinalVol

Per that client, it's just one of several being tossed around.

17. NorrisAlan

MLB is lost. They want to get the eyes on TV and just don't realize it just won't happen again.

Reminds me of all the crap Monday Night Football tried to pull when their ratings started going down.

I am not saying MLB is dying, they still draw great crowds. But they are doing stupid things chasing the TV money.

18. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Finding new ways to breathe life into the sport is much better than sitting on one's hands demanding everything go back to the way it was, then wondering why it's not getting better.

Changes are needed and, frankly, refreshing to see.

19. NorrisAlan

I disagree, but then I loathe the DH. I am not the target audience any longer.

20. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

That's likely true. I compare it to e-sports-- an area that's been growing exponentially-- and in those settings, there are updates and massive overhauls in their games ranging from every few weeks to every season, and those changes bring about new life and interest each time. There's always complaints about how things should stay the same, but from observing that arena of gaming, the new depths and intricacies of regular patches is much more interesting than witnessing the same, exact meta each year.

Granted, sports won't ever have the elasticity of gaming, but it's nice to see baseball, of all sports, seemingly the most willing to change how the game's played.