POLITICS Fake News

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’m going to use this thread to curate examples of Fake News.

Like this:

upload_2020-1-23_9-22-18.jpeg

upload_2020-1-23_9-22-1.jpeg

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Newspeople started making it personal with Trump and fake news has exploded along with them. Hate always blinds

A-Smith likes this.
  3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That's not an example of "fake news" from the original post.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

In before, "Uh uh, started with Obama."

6. Ssmiff

Couldnt say anything about obama or risk a label

7. Ssmiff

8. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Fake is only fake if you don't like the contents or it challenges your bias.

If you like the stance, it's clearly parody.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’ve been accused of being too serious so perhaps that’s inline with my following point - but I can say that’s really not the case for me. Fake news is generally passed off in a few specific ways. The first post was not fake news. The meme circulating saying that Democrats are dumb because they don’t even realize that Trump gets to run two more times if he’s impeached but not convicted is indeed fake need. Epstein memes are often jokes but sometimes fake news. Etc, etc.

11. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

does this count?

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Podcast has quickly becoming how a huge amount of people get their news.

13. TennTradition

I can’t do it. It’s like watching TV interviews instead of reading the podcasts. You have to wait too long to actually get the info - you can distill down a need article or transcript in a fraction of the time and move on to the next.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It’s more for driving.

15. TennTradition

Yeah I listen to podcasts while driving too but not for my news. I mainly do series podcasts like British History or if I want to feel like I’m accomplishing something an industry update podcast. I prefer just to listen to a book while driving or just veg with the radio.

I’m not going to get enough detail in 30 mins (my usual commute) to get it from a podcast but I have to consume a lot of news.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah people reading/viewing fake news that confirms their biases or even pushes their views further to the extreme almost always assume it to be true. I saw a study that showed that the more media people consume, the more inaccurate their view of the other side is. The country was better off when everybody got all their news from the big 3 networks. 30 minutes a day max.

TBSVOL and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

18. TennTradition

19. cpninja

cpninja Member

So he says she didnt correctly identify Ukraine and he asked for it to be off the record. She disputes both. Would put money that in a couple weeks we get a quiet admission that she actually did identify Ukraine correctly and he never mentioned the convo being off the record. But they gotta lie about this shit for some dumb reason

20. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

ABC, CBS, nor NBC aired this