COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

we really like thai food. coincidentally, we went to a thai restaurant on our first date. also coincidentally, she got sick. so nothing could possibly go wrong on this trip. nothing at all. the fates have been clear.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I have more liquor and bullets than you can shake a stick at.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

that's not a stick, he's very excited about liquor and bullets in an apocalypse

kmf600 and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Noted.

kmf600 likes this.
  5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i went 10 years or so back. it was great. not a big Bangkok fan, but phuket was awesome.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, the airbrush t shirt ideas are through the roof either way, for when we get back home and go to Gatlinburg.

droski likes this.
  7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm guessing you're waited on by lady boys.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Leftovers from our last hurricane scare

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

11. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Must be Pigeon Forge people she comes from.

smokysbark likes this.
  14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I keep trying to store up liquor, but something keeps happening to it.

kmf600 likes this.
  15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

16. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Seems noteworthy.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

This guy sounds like he is full of shit, ala Alex Jones. Is the implication that a pharma company made a dangerous but treatable virus?

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

They are plenty of other people talking about it. I know nothing about the guy who tweeted it, his views or what is he about. I just saw it and found it interesting.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Man, I go straight to greens, commies, and other democrats who would prefer to kill off people as population control.

justingroves likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I heard on the radio a guy freaking out because a company in Mannassas sells and makes corona virus... What he doesn't realize is that corona virus has been around a long time and has been used for research for a long time. It's also throughout nature. Dogs have been receiving corona virus vaccines for decades for a strain that causes them illness. These things are an unfortunate reality in this world, and a global, interconnected world economy along with exposure to all sorts of exotic animals makes this inevitable (that's where HIV came from, that's where Ebola came from, it is where a lot of these new illnesses come from).

Check out "Spillover" by David Quammen. These things are predictable because they are a consequence of known natural processes and human-generated risks. No deliberate engineering is required.