COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’ve heard both and that it started way earlier than reported

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well they aren’t the kinds of people that would know about deaths, but no way are there just 17,000 sick.

Lots of reports coming out that they are out of testing kits. Out of hospital space. So lots of people seeking help are getting turned away and not counted. Lots of classifying things just as pneumonia for those that do get in.

Also, this is a fast spreading, but slow acting bug, so that death rate is pretty misleading. They should compare how many have died to the number of known cases 2-3 weeks ago.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I mean, does a nation of over a billion people need to shut down for 17,000 people ill?

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Which provinces?

I have some contacts northeast of Shanghai and they felt confident their province was reporting cases pretty well.

The controls are crazy. Someone sick on your train car? Report them if you are loyal to the party. Everyone within your area is quarantined. The sick individual is Interviewed. All contacts for last t - 10 days are collected. They are then tested. Etc.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Cynical of me, but I've always seen China's "rapid" response to their random respiratory illnesses as very effective population loyalty engineering.

In a land of a billion people, a 2% fatality event would be hard to hide the bodies, even two weeks in.

7. TennTradition

Yeah I’ve been scratching my head on that one. I mean I get that it doesn’t take more than two weeks For that number to grow to more than 250,000 but still...

8. TennTradition

The 2% fatality rate could be inflated if actual cases are much higher. But still it seems you would want to publicize the lower fatality rate rather than lower incidence rate.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’m not really familiar with the different provinces. One of them knew people a little west of Wuhan. I’ve only had the kinds of conversations you wouldn’t want to steer too closely toward matters of illness and death.

10. fl0at_

You are terrible at conversation. The first thing I like to ask people is when they're gonna check out, and how is their will structured? I usually follow up with color of poo, and consistency.

utvol0427 likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

kpt's old college roommate warned me about people like you.

12. fl0at_

Like ice cream.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I overheard on the plane yesterday that it is a Chinese biological weapon that got out into the public.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I doubt that, because it would be a lot more deadly if it were.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My father-in-law is convinced this is what happened.

"You ain't heard shit about those protests over there since the virus started spreading."

16. fl0at_

Will you please tell President Trump to get off InfoWars.

CardinalVol likes this.
  17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don’t have any idea what relation this has to the outbreak, if any.

upload_2020-2-3_22-41-19.jpeg

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wouldn't Corona virus be level 2 or 3? Not that they wouldn't possibly also have access to a level 4 lab.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't think that's what it is either, but not all biological weapons are designed to kill fast or necessarily at all. There is a lot strategic value in having an opposing army or even populace slowly become infected and require medical care.

IP likes this.
  20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No idea.