COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I thought there was reason to doubt the virus having started in that wet market...

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

We shut down all intercontinental travel today for our company.

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is my honeymoon to Thailand next weekend in trouble?

6. TennTradition

Shouldn’t be.

Are you flying out of east coast or west coast as your US exit and entrance? Flying through where? As of now, it just means you’ll be screened for a fever through coastal airports if flying in from a country with infections (Thailand is. They probably route you that way even if flying through a country without infections if you were in a country that had them).

I put in a question for someone I know that manages all US - Other Continent travel for a major US airline to see what they are hearing/planning for.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Appears it has likely made it to Africa.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No problem if you have no plans to return.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I suspect Hell will have SEC Network on for me, so no worries.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Flying from Dulles to Dubai to Bangkok, back the same way.

11. TennTradition

A lot of flights are being pushed through major east coast airports that have certain scanning technologies. Not sure if Dulles is one of them but a shift in airports could be possible. Airlines are seeing A LOT of flight cancellations due to corporate travel drying up which is making the rerouting possible so that is good news for you if they have to do it (for your return).

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I told you, Gatlinburg.

warhammer likes this.
  13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd say 50% of people in the planes had a mask visible, but perhaps only 10% were wearing it over their faces all the time except to eat. and babies were not [uck fay]ing having it.

As we went through security, you have to stand in a certain spot for a picture, take off your mask, glasses, etc, and then get all your fingers scanned. they do not wash the scanner, so all these masked people were reaching up afterward with those fingers and... putting their mask back on their face.

All that after walking by endless post apocalyptic signs regarding the disease, every person from a chinese originating flight being temp scanned...

kind of a glaring oversight. Was a hard immediate purell for this maskless traveler.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I flew internationally just last April and we didn’t have to do any finger scanning. All ten fingers? Like for ID purposes?

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

all 10 here in Thailand. exact same equipment used for federal IDs in the states. I think they have an issue with people overstaying, switching identities, etc.

in UAE it was only a photo, but it was facial recognition software. E.g. you just needed to walk through and look up, and it would spit out a perfect headshot.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Now that IP is infected should we have him move to Tuscaloosa or Auburn first to spread his new virus?