Jennings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

don't run and hopefully the knee exam goes well. They will look to see if arthritis is already forming, look for lesions. Hopefully JJ is all good and past those issues, that again, just saying, started with the old medical staff and didn't get better until recently.

2. Ssmiff

yeah I know but you don't want to go run a 4.7 and cost yourself some cash. Really I'll never understand the 40 in track clothes running straight. I'd prefer they pad guys up, take their game stance, then run. It's more about who has trained the best out of an awkward track stance and can get off. Only DE's are close the same movement during a game and 40 means shit.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

DK Metcalf dropped out of the first round cause he couldn't run around cones faster than Tom Brady. Eagles picked JJ Arcega-Whiteside instead of him. JJ AW had 10 catches for 169 yards and 1 TD for the year. DK had 7 catches for 160 and 1 TD against the Eagles to bury them.

Combine is nice when all else holds equal, but some of these GMs who spooge all over combine warriors are absolute imbeciles.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Some teams thought Metcalf would be popped for PEDs too

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Let me see what a guy does in pads, not gym shorts and track shoes.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. InVolNerable

Can they not test that at the combine?

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The Titans had no shot at getting Manning in 98 unless they traded to #1 or #2. Not a fair criticism imo

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The Colts contacted them to work out a trade, and the Titans refused to even discuss it, IIRC.

9. InVolNerable

You hate a Red, White, and Blue color scheme, huh? And, on top of that, yoy think it’s worse than Jacksonville’s black dade to gold helmets...

And, Eddie George is far and away the most overrated sports figure in the history of sports. I have no idea why people liked him back in the day, or why they revere him now. He was/is/always should be considered absolutely [uck fay]ing terrible. The fact that people love(d) him is the reason I hate the entire franchise. Also, [uck fay] fOSU.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think he’d be a great fit for Baltimore. Will be an aggressive run blocker and could be emergency QB.

11. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Baltimore would probably be a good fit. I see him fitting in with the Eagles or Steelers mentality.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I never understood the love for George, either - particularly because he sucked. Not to mention the Peyton stuff, and the fact that he was straight up scared of Ray Lewis - feared him, like the small scared childlike half-man that he was.

13. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

A-Smith, justingroves and Tenacious D like this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Baltimore would fit him well, he's an Anquan Boldin clone

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The fact it took Steve McNair dying to get the respect he deserves makes me hate Titans fans

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Please tell me we have someone researching a way to bring him back for another year.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Here’s some guy going over Jennings film for a half hour.

18. NorrisAlan

I haven't heard him say it yet, but I keep expecting to hear "Man, if only he had a good QB."

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not a good showing for Jennings at the combine. 29 inch vertical and 4.72 40 is really bad, and honestly a bit surprising.

20. Ssmiff

He should have skipped it and claimed to be strengthening his hammy or something

utvol0427 likes this.