Two Questions

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 4, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

NET ranking of 55 today. Still no bueno, or even close to bueno.

2. CardinalVol

Also 2-9 against quad 1 and 8-12 against quads 1 and 2.

Sorry, I don't see it.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

that is way worse than I realized. tournament champs it is, then.

4. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

5-10 if we win the next 3. And a net in the high 30s/low 40s. That’s enough.

5. KyleAlexanderfan

Actually we are 3-9 in quad 1. We won against a Alabama on the road, Florida and Kentucky unless FL dropped off.

Looks like Auburn isn’t a quad 1 win at home at the moment. Could still get to 5 quad one wins though.

IP likes this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I dont post a lot about basketball for good reasons, but i have it on good word that if they don't lose another game until this fall they will win it all.

IP likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

I'll take your word. I saw it in an article somewhere searching for it.

8. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

You might be onto something.

9. KyleAlexanderfan

Florida is 28 at the moment in the NET so still Q1 for now.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

loss to Auburn: gotta win it
    win against Auburn, 2 gets us to the bubble, need 3 to give us a better-than-average shot at making it, need 4 to be 100% safe

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Agree. He shouldn’t post about basketball.

12. LawVol16

LawVol16 Member

Last year’s field included NET rankings of 56 (Temple), 63 (Arizona St.), and 73 (St. John’s). Win today and avoid a bad loss in the SEC tourney next week and who knows.

Not saying we’re in, but the bubble is really, really bad. Presuming a win today (which I don’t feel great about), a resume with wins at Kentucky and Alabama and over Auburn, Florida, VCU, and Washington (whom advanced metrics still love) and one bad loss is comparable to anyone else on the bubble.

At that point, it comes down to the crap shoot of what the committee feels like prioritizing. If they feel like rewarding NCSOS and the eye-test with a couple of members impressed by the FSU, Kansas, and Kentucky games, we might be in business.

Ssmiff likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It also depends on how small the bubble ends up being. That's what I worry most about in a bubble situation.

LawVol16 likes this.