2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And? Auburn has been better. Pearl's guards have dominated

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And, Barnes is responsible for his roster as is Pearl. Both teams lost a lot, but Pearl did a better job replacing his losses.

I like Barnes. He's a good coach. Pearl has shown to be better, in my opinion.

3. Ssmiff

Yes heads up that appears to be the case. My point about his seniors was I believe his program has peaked. Ours may have as well, but we played 1 senior today. I assume they played 5 or 6.

4. LawVol16

LawVol16 Member

They played five seniors plus a projected lotto pick that will assuredly be gone. They only return 3 guys playing more than 6 minutes per game. They’ve got a 5* signee, but their other two signees don’t appear to be immediate contributors.

Throw in rumblings that they’ve received an NCAA LOI and next year should be real interesting on the Plains. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re approaching the expiration date on the Bruce Pearl experience.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They lost about 5-6 guys from last year's team, including a first round pick and two early entries. So, he'll probably still have a solid team.

However, the NOI is the exact reason I wouldn't want him anywhere near our program again.

LawVol16 likes this.
  6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Past experience is that his shelf life at a job is 6 years. This is year 6. Hope you had fun, Auburn. Maybe you’ll be good again in another 30 years.

7. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

They're probably getting Jalen Green, too. Think Bruce has got at least one more year of high level performance coming.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just hate losing to them, because it just brings out the mouth breathers.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

“Ah caint bleeeeve we fahred this guy over a cookout Claaaaaaay”

2Maggitt2Quit and Tar Volon like this.
  10. LawVol16

LawVol16 Member

True, but Okoro was the only real addition. McLemore, McCormick, Daughty, Wiley, and Purifoy all contributed to some extent last season. Maybe Pearl pulls a rabbit out of his hat. Who knows.

Most folks aren’t making enough of the LOI. The Auburn SID refused to provide it in response to a Forde’s open records request stating it wasn’t subject to Alabama’s open records law. You only respond that way if there is indeed an LOI.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Yep, there's something in that NOA that Auburn doesn't want the world to know. The thing that sucks most about this is recruits are being lied to as we speak. No doubt Pearl is telling them it will just be a slap on the wrist. But he would be a repeat offender, and if a 3 year show cause wasn't enough for him to change his ways, he might end up with a penalty that makes Donnie Tyndall say, "Damn!"

LawVol16 likes this.
  12. LawVol16

LawVol16 Member

This may be an unfair and overly broad generalization, but Pearl recruits don’t typically seem to be too concerned with eligibility requirements. See Daniel West, Danjiel Pruifoy, and Austin Wiley.

That being said, you hate seeing 17 or 18 year old kids being taken advantage of by powerful adults. Of course, Pearl’s never had a problem with that. How many adults do you know that would record a phone conversation with a minor without consent?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who never watched UT basketball before Pearl.

justingroves and LawVol16 like this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

I’m arguing with a couple of them on Twitter right now. Idk why. Can’t help it sometimes

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’m sick of hearing about Bruce F’ing Pearl, and wouldn’t give a shit if he dropped dead today, so long as I had enough confetti on hand to properly celebrate.

justingroves and hohenfelsvol like this.
  16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

They’ll probably be a contender again next season. They are the favorite to land a top 3 player in the nation right now due to Memphis turmoil and in the mix for another 5 star.

17. Ssmiff

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Would be awesome next season if Fulkerson could start knocking down that three as a trailer that Chism was so good at.

19. Ssmiff

If he can hit the top of the key in our offense, it would open things up much more

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Co-worker is trying to convince me a win over UK on Friday would be the same as beating Auburn and would get us in.