What are you playing during Coronapocalypse?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

• COD Modern Warfare's new Battle Royale mode is actually pretty damn fun. I highly recommend it.
    • FIFA 20 is a terrible, terrible game, but I have a problem, so I'm still playing it.
    • Rocket League is still a blast.
    • Final Fantasy VII remake comes out on April 10th. If we are still quarantined, I'll definitely be playing that.
    Anyone taken up any new games?

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’ve just been working so far and trying to recover in the evenings from tearing my kids apart from each other’s necks during the day. We haven’t even netflixed anything yet. Stared at the screen for about 30 minutes last night before it just timed out to sleep and I turned it off.

justingroves likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Skyrim (again)

when I finally finish it I’m gonna do some DLC from Witcher and Spider-Man, and get the new Star Wars game.

why do you think FIFA20 is terrible?

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I convinced the girlfriend to watch that new Witcher series, and she loved it. She's said a few times that she wishes they had another season out. We played through a little bit of the game so that she could see the story of it. The story is very good, but it's just not the same as watching it, so that died out.

The new star wars game is a lot of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed a single play through and then traded it in for Death Stranding (which I haven't played yet despite owning it for at least 2 months). I've had spider man for a long time too but haven't played it either.

I don't have time to list everything that is wrong with FIFA 20. I play a LOT of Ultimate Team, and the gameplay is just atrocious. Servers are terrible, passing is a joke, defense is way too inconsistent, and they've ruined the game more and more with each patch, turning it into what is now a pace fest, where players like Ryan Kent, Daniel James, and Adama Traore are far more effective than Prime Icon Moments Bergkamp and Prime Icon Moments Del Piero. It's a joke.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Kicking my 7 year old sons ass at Mario Kart and Smash Bros on the Switch.

I've got Witcher 3 that I bought during one of the PS Store sales that I've not played, so I'll probably start it,

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's one of my top 3 favorite games of all time.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

VMWare snapshots and Linux updates as far as the horizon. That's the game I am playing.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ill be glad to log onto my sons xbox and whip somebodys ass in something.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Fair. I’m solely career mode, so I don’t get into that. But there are a few teams with fast players that are more annoying than they should be. I feel like FIFA alternates between overpowered pace and underpowered pace because people [itch bay] about it all the time each way. But I’ve only bought the even year versions the last few years.

ps Alessandro del Piero’s Juve ass can eat a bag of [Richards]

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Sid Meier's Pirates!

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

the dancing gives me PTSD flashbacks

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Was playing it a couple of weeks ago with the wife and daughter in the room. After about the third dance scene in about half an hour, they each looked up and asked what I was doing and was I dancing. They both made fun of me a bit... The next weekend my daughter and I were listening to a classical station while going down the Autobahn, when a song featuring the harpsichord came on. She stopped what she was saying to tell me that since being there when I played the game, she had started having its music start playing in her head at random times when doing her homework or at quiet times in school.

IP likes this.
  13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Victoria 2 HPM

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is a good but quirky game. that you age and die really adds some pressure to actually accomplish something

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, it's been years since I have played it through an entire life. In my current game, I can tell I'm starting to get older, and I still have a lot to do.

I also have Port Royal II (I think it's II anyway) which is similar, and I like it. The graphics are better, and I don't think there is dancing. I just can't get the hang of the combat at sea.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I own it on steam and have never downloaded it.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The biggest problem is the lack of balance among the various attributes. I don't care if fast people outrun everyone and get open on net more frequently... that actually kind of makes sense. But if their finishing is 78 and their shot power is 82, they should miss shots more frequently than guys in the mid 90's for both. Passing is the same way. I will have players who literally have 99 passing overshoot a through ball or miss the target on a simple a pass. Then, a few possessions later, my opponent's RB, who has 79 passing, will do a bicycle kick that goes directly to the correct player on the other side of the field. There's no consistency whatsoever, and it's infuriating. The game also has a habit of actively keeping lesser opponents in games. You can always tell if the game is [uck fay]ing you when you have 5 times as many shots as your opponent, with better shooters, and yet you're tied in the 80th minute.

Also, we named our dog Del Piero, so you can eat a bag of [Richards].

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

typical EA Sports then

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

A metric shit ton of Civ, with some Kerbal mixed in

20. JohnnyQuickkick

I hope you’re happy. You named your dog after a Bammer, basically