Best returning player from 2019 is...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Apr 6, 2020.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm happy for him to get the attention. Not gonna knock him. I do think we have some other players I would have put up there first.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Not hating on him, just how terrible of a pick it is by PFF. Did Trey Smith disappear since he announced he was coming back? Hell, Shamburger isn't the best returning player in the secondary.

A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Looks like the author was laser focused on individual stats. @justingroves just made a similar remark about stats making Tony Romo look like a HOF player when not viewed in context. No offense to Shamburger, but that may be what happened here.

justingroves likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Sham has always played with an edge i liked and emotion but at times hasnt appeared to be a very smart player.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Happy for the him getting recognition, but was this ghost written by a guy whose name kind of rhymes with Cooch Loans? Shamburger deserves credit for coming out of nowhere to have some solid performances, but Trey has to own this.

IP likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

See why I don't trust stats blindly?

PFF is awesome when used as one tool and not the end all be all. Sham played well, but I would take To'oto'o, Smith, Gray, Bryce Thompson, Alontae and McCullough over him if I had to start a team today

SetVol13 and Volgrad98 like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He does a lot of dumb things on and off the field

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This. Kid can play but his head is not always screwed on right.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I feel like I saw him take quite a few plays off.

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Pruitt rip him a new ass hole, pull him off the field then his replacement screw up

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Can’t believe they didn’t give it to the 6th year senior QB

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

It also seems like the PFF stats are harder on some positions than others. Last year, in games I thought we had decent OL play, we had rough scores.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It focuses on some weird shit at times, especially with a qb that has absolutely no pocket awareness

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What about his presents in the pocket?

justingroves likes this.