POLITICS Fake News

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jan 23, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

And if he's dishonest? An honest account would necessarily not be able to mention his decision was the right one because it was lawful, without pointing out this means other decisions made must be unlawful OR this decision was not in fact lawful. You can't have it both ways. Either lying to the FBI is or is not a crime. Can't be sometimes a crime.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not a lawyer, but this certainly wouldn't be the first time something illegal was dismissed because it was prompted by improper action from the authorities. You can look up the transcript and read his explanation for yourself and decide if you agree or not.

You can't read it and then tell me that his only explanation for his decision was that it was a political move.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well apparently I can. So there.

But I get your point. I haven't made a very coherent one, sorry for that. If they apologized, I guess they own it as wrong.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Their critique of him was untrue and uncalled for. Whether or not he made the right decision in regards to Flynn is as relevant as whether or not Arbery committed robbery.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Wow, we can’t even agree on this Chuck Todd situation? This one is about as straight forward as they come.

6. cpninja

cpninja Member

[​IMG]

i chuckled

oops meant to post this in Facebook thread lol

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  7. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

9. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

10. Tenacious D

Well.

“One of China’s main propaganda outlets has paid American newspapers nearly $19 million for advertising and printing expenses over the past four years, according to documents filed with the Justice Department.

China Daily, an English-language newspaper controlled by the Chinese Communist Party, has paid more than $4.6 million to The Washington Post and nearly $6 million to The Wall Street Journal since November 2016, the records show.”

But wait, there’s more!

“China Daily also paid for advertising in several other newspapers: The New York Times ($50,000), Foreign Policy ($240,000), The Des Moines Register ($34,600) and CQ-Roll Call ($76,000).

It spent a total of $11,002,628 on advertising in U.S. newspapers, and another $265,822 on advertising with Twitter.”

If you act now....

“The Los Angeles Times, The Seattle Times, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The Chicago Tribune, The Houston Chronicle and The Boston Globe are all listed as clients of China Daily. The Chinese outlet paid the Los Angeles Times $657,523 for printing services, according to the FARA filings.”

Link: https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/08/chinese-propaganda-china-daily-washington-post/

11. Tenacious D

Can someone here help me to figure out if monies raised for BLM go to ACTBlue a progressive group, and ultimately to the DNC?

Is this legit?

upload_2020-6-9_15-16-57.jpeg

12. Tenacious D

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm confused. I see how ActBlue connects to the DNC. I know that ActBlue donates to BLM. How does BLM connect with ActBlue, in this claim? They state that it is laundering money, but where is it flowing TO ActBlue/DNC?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It looks like ActBlue is a fundraising software platform. There is a separated "ActBlue charities" which BLM is associated with, and then also there is a donation pathway for the DNC. I don't see there being a pathway for money donated to the charities to cross into the political side, they are two separate streams. Republicans apparently have something similar, but do not fundraise for charities (yet, looks like it is new so that may change). According to wikipedia, Actblue has been around since 2004 and WinRed, the RNC equivalent, started last year. The wikis for both are brief and informative.

15. Tenacious D

This guy has a point, but he’s just being a [penis].

Go after CNN / NYT, this cat is just trying to fill some space between local car commercials.

Still, Fake News, even if I feel sorry for him.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Those compilation videos is due to that one conservative guy owning all the local stations and makes them run certain stories.

17. Tenacious D

Right, that’s the jerk guy’s point.

justingroves and zehr27 like this.
  18. Tenacious D

Link:

No idea who “Medium” is, but they include a link to the ACTBlue Terms, if anyone wants to see for themselves.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The conclusion your quoted text draws doesn't match what the quoted text says. There is a separation between charitable organizations/charities, and then committees/campaigns. They can reassign funds, but not from one of those categories to the other (for obvious reasons which go back to the claim being made). They want something to be true, but it clearly isn't. At least not in the broad daylight of the information they are looking at.

20. Tenacious D

It says exactly that. Exactly. That.

If you don’t cash a check for 60 days, or refuse the money, it counts as a donation to ACTBlue.

ACTBlue can then do with it as they wish.

“As they wish” seems to exclusively be “donate it to DNC candidates”.

Where is the BLM organization who gets these checks from ACTBlue, and what do they do with them?