The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There’s no way Green and Iguodala are HoFers. That’s just stupid.

But that said, if I told you Divac was a HoFer, what would you say? Not comparing to the other two, I was just a bit surprised to see his name on the list of players Jordan beat.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We gonna put Robert Horry in there? This is a rhetorical question

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The moving goalposts is your focus on intangibles when evaluating LeBron but your refusal to acknowledge them with Iggy/Draymond. And then focusing on just stats with Iggy/Draymond, but claiming all I do with LeBron is focus on stats and highlights.

It's about as ass-backwards as one can get.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

1. Sab isn't actually a pedo. People just call him that because of his Scroggins "love" letter.
    2. I have multiple emails from the FBI about the job process I could show you that would prove for about the 10th time in the past 10 pages that you have no idea what you're talking about.
    3. I said I was done assuming people would actually watch the videos I posted, which no one did. Because no one has any interest in considering their stance may not be as solid as they believe it is.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

I don’t think it’s an either/or assessment. Stats are certainly a factor but when they are similar you have to consider other factors.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Was Robert Horry ever any of the following:

All-NBA?
    NBA All-Star?
    NBA All-Defense?
    NBA Defensive Player of the Year?
    Finals MVP?
    NBA Steals leader?

Also rhetorical.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I would say, "Yeah, he was inducted into the HoF in 2019."

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Were any of those guys a finals MVP? Defensive POTY? Multiple time All-Stars/All-NBA? Multiple time All-Defensive Team? When was the last time you looked at Draymond Green's accolades? Are you confident that he'd be the worst HoF inductee, if inducted?

9. JohnnyQuickkick

He’s got some nice accolades but they pretty much all come from 3 out of 7* seasons. I’d like to think a HoF inductee would show some more consistency than that.
    *3 of 6. I’ll throw out this year

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He's been NBA All-Defense 5 times.... and he's got time left to improve his resume. Calling him "just a role player" is a pretty significant undersell.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Can we discuss how much better LeBron would be if people like ssmiff weren't posting on message boards? 10x better? 100x? Better than the Monstars? It's something to think about.

justingroves and IP like this.
  12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Here's a fun stat:

Marcus Camby was 4x block leader, 4x All defense (2x first, 2x second team), 1997 rookie of the year, 2007 defensive player of the year. 12th on the NBA's all-time career blocks list (10th in blocks/gm).

And 0x All-Star.

justingroves likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

Hall of Famer.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also better than LeBron.

justingroves likes this.
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Best Centers in NBA history:

1. Dirk
    2. Oden
    3. Howard

Thoughts?

16. JohnnyQuickkick

Michael Olowokandi

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Also, Dwight Howard: doesn’t have coronavirus, Patrick Ewing, has coronavirus. Advantage Howard

justingroves likes this.
  18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Ah, the poor man's Kwame Brown.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The NBA bubble rules are great.