‘22 TN QB Ty Simpson

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by yont sum iss?, May 31, 2020.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

TennTradition likes this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My brother used to work at UTM and has been telling me about this kid for years

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Got Kaden Martin, too.

4. yont sum iss?

Seems like Simpson is a much more highly thought of QB prospect than Martin. Plus I think Martin is a really nice baseball prospect. Others know more about that I’m sure. Maybe he doesn’t even end up playing football?

5. yont sum iss?

He looks awfully good and sure has the offer list to back it up.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Either way. Ready to move on from Harrison Bailey. Didn’t even attempt a pass in the spring game.

7. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Since his dad works for the university, would he still be on a full athletic scholarship?

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I doubt Martin even goes to college. He’s going to be a high MLB draft pick out of HS.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It would be hard for me to go to college with what he's going to get offered, but Tee isn't broke, either. Also, if MLB decides not to play this year, they're going to be struggling

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Kyler Murray is going to be the measuring stick for guys who play football and baseball and could do either in college or the pros.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Looking like Bama

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I get a recruit wants to go to a place with the best chance for them to succeed but I can't see how a lifelong Vol fan would choose bama. This is just my own personal perspective and if that's where he want to go so be it. I'm more pissed off that Tennessee isn't a more viable option right now. This thing needs to be fixed and we've been saying that for far too long.

warhammer, CitrusCo.Vol and IP like this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want Tennessee to get Ty, mainly for in state recruiting and momentum in the recruiting trail. Butch rode Hurd's commitment to a great in state class, Ty is that kind of recruit. I think the Horn kid ends up just as good as Ty, though

chavisut and CardinalVol like this.
  16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I don't think being a 17 year old, that it would matter at this point what Tennessee and Bama used to be. Because right now they aren't in the same galaxy. This matters only because it would give our class some much needed momentum and maybe shovel a little dirt off the the program. Because even if Ty came here and played, it's gonna be a struggle. But if he goes to Bama or Clemson and sits for two years, he'll have the keys to one of the best programs in history. And honestly, other than not getting the momentum for this class, with the transfer portal the way it is, he can always come back if he's not going to see the field and I think he knows that.

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

"Well I was going to commit to the offensive cluster [uck fay] that is Jeremy Pruitt, but you hired a guy that puts up 5k passing yards a year so I'm out," is a pretty hilarious turn, even for Tennessee.

I mean I get that's not the exact line of reasoning here, but still.

Memtownvol and lylsmorr like this.
  18. yont sum iss?

I don't know how old you are, but I'm assuming you're a lot older than Ty Simpson. A 17 year old UT fan just can't be as invested as a fan as those of us who are 30 or older. He hasn't seen UT have any meaningful success. UT football just doesn't mean that much to kids now. Even the ones that are UT fans. How could it?

19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

And that's the saddest part of it all.

20. yont sum iss?

I hate to say it, but if I were a parent of some stud football recruit who had his pick of where to play, there is no way I could encourage my kid to go to UT. It would feel incredibly irresponsible at this point.

utvol0427 likes this.