Five Guys/Other Burger Joints

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by tidwell, Aug 29, 2011.

1. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Is the hype real? Will be in Knoxville tomorrow and trying it out for the first time.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's pretty good. You might be disappointed if you're traveling hundreds of miles.

3. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Not going just for the Five Guys, but figured I'd try it while I was in town.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

May also make you have to take a pretty significant dump. Might want to plan on that. It's greasy.

5. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

its worth the hype, if its take out then you may want to bring a towel so the grease doesn't get on you car seat

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Love the cajun fries dipped in vinegar. Also, as kpt stated, be prepared to give birth to an 8lb baby boy within 45 minutes of eating.

7. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i need to go there sometime soon

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Went Saturday after the Knoxville Open. Barely made it back to Morristown. Worth every cheek clenching moment.

9. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i usually get two burgers and take them back to the house. that way i won't be in a hurry to find a restroom

10. FlowingAway.

FlowingAway. Banned

Dear God, the cajun fries and malt vinegar...

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It's damn good, though I'm not quite sure it lives up to the hype. Maybe I just take it for granted because I'm close enough to hit a golf ball to two locations...well, maybe I couldn't hit a golf ball to 'em, but I'm sure bmfpv could.

Nevertheless, it's tough to [uck fay] up a burger. Always good, imo, and 5 Guys is no different.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Speaking of bmfpv... Where's he at?

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Not sure it's worth the hype, I mean, it's good, I ain't hatin', but it's a burger

14. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I have let this thread down. Ended up skipping lunch today. Sad face.

15. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The fries at Five Guys are more overrated than Sin Cara.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The saving grace for them is vinegar at the table.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

bingo.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm glad to see more of these popping up. The only one I ever ate at (until more recently) was at Reagan airport when connecting through. It's good - but don't expect a life-changing experience.

19. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

i'm not a huge burger kind of guy but the bacon cheeseburger is pretty [uck fay]ing awesome. don't expect to cum on yourself just from the taste. i'm not sure really what the hype has told you but all in all it's a solid burger.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Big fan.