Beer

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by USAF_Vol, Aug 16, 2011.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I do not like tomato juice. When my dad's doctor told him he needs to eat healthier, and stop drinking so much, he switched from beam and coke to bloody Marie's and vodka with OJ. I guess that's his interpretation of eating healthy

Tenacious D, justingroves and gcbvol like this.
  2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

image000000_17.jpg

I like dis

3. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Screenshot_20200609-210711_Gallery.jpg

A good friend of mine knows a Maker's Mark guy, has a bunch of Maker's collector's bottles. He cracked this Hurricane's bottle at his house for me the other day. I spit the first sip out and told him [uck fay] the Miami Hurricanes. He was pissed.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there’s a lot of these. I remember there was a rich brooks one which makes me laugh

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I started drinking Muchachos beer recently. Didnt realize it was a little stronger until my 4 hour nap after a few. Good beer though

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Got a case of old rasputin stout from Costco. I wondered why I was getting floored by it then I saw it was 9 percent alcohol.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Bearden Beer Market and Abridged are easily making the best beers in Knoxville right now, particularly if you like IPAs and Sours. I’m hard pressed to give any of those offerings from either of those places less than a 4 on UnTappd.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

A few days ago, I had my first American beer since downing a couple of Bud Lights at the airport over a year ago. I bought it on a whim. Some Shiner low calorie grapefruit thing. It was decent for what it was and better than I was expecting. I wasn't expecting much.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Fair.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s too bad IPAs and sours are gross

kmf600 likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont like tomato juice because it looks like blood collected from surgery drains.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Well, I don’t think they have any light beer for those with less refined pallets.

Just kidding.

Those are the only two I can speak to since that’s all I’m drinking right now, but Abridged has a couple Pils, a dunkle and Belgian quad, ESB, two lagers and maybe a Hefe as well, on their menu as well, or at least the last time I looked. And they one of the best burgers in Knoxville too.

BBM is brewing some stouts too, but I can’t get into those this time of year.

If any of those are as good as their IPAs and Sours, then there’s a little something for everybody at each place.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I do like a good APA but most IPAs are just too hoppy. I’d drink an IPA at least. I don’t think I’d drink a sour if somebody handed me one

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I enjoy New England IPAs far more than West Coast IPAs.

chavisut likes this.
  15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

My biggest issue with New England IPAs is that a lot of breweries are putting out crappy, hazy IPAs that are sub-par and just labeling them New England IPAs.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ve not really had that experience. Sure, I’ve had some duds, but I find most Nanos are knocking it out the park.

I think the micros is where most of the issues are. They are probably more focused on pumping out beers or getting them into cans and to distribution.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Catawba has peanut butter jelly time. It tastes just like a pb&j.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

This was a new one to me. I confess that I didn't know the meaning of "brown note," and I'm not usually into cutesy cans or scatalogical humor. Louisville brewery know for it's artistically designed labels. The beer was good.

image000000.jpg

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sam Adam's pumpkin beer tastes like pumpkin pie

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Been on an IPA kick lately.

I’ll be snagging some barrel aged stouts soon.