COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Interestingly the Democratic Governors have seamed competent and the Republicans have shit a brick.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Republican ones have their hands tied, because they can't break from Trump. And as such, have to execute like him. Which is a cluster[uck fay].

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ohio's R governor did well, as did Maryland's. They paid a political cost for it, which is the [uck fay]ed up part.

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm not willing to go there yet. Think it's more of a state by state basis rather than Dem v Rep.

5. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

You mean the one where they had a policy of sending the positive patients back to nursing homes? Yeah looks completely competent.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

7. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm telling you to read the link and remember that this was also in March. They were dealing with it before anyone else, and much of what was learned was applied everywhere later. Ironically, part of what was learned was to shut everything down and to pull workers who may be asymptomatic-- what many [itch bay] about now.

9. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

10. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

There's plenty of blame to go around but instead leaders on both sides of the aisle just continue to sling mud at each other.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Look at what I said on this subject: I immediately countered the notion that Republican governors sucked by pointing out Ohio and Maryland. Your response has been to immediately launch into a conservative talking point that New York's Cuomo is mainly responsible for their high death rate.

You are the one who started slinging mud. It isn't about politics. A virus doesn't care. Cuomo was following CDC and WH guidance at the time, which shifted as time went on and more information became available.

When did the surgeon general and the CDC say we should all wear cloth face coverings? I think that was like May. That alone has likely made a significant difference in transmission, which means you have less asymptomatic workers unknowingly spreading it around.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

There are those who see there is blame to go around to everyone involved, and there are those that see blame and point the finger based on politica

14. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Whatever, you like to make everything political.

I'll stop arguing and let's have a good day.

15. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

He does it all the time.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, peelwonder. YOU made it political. Go back and look.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That a sequence of posts where I point out successful R governors and defend against the BS nursing home narrative in NY meant to diffuse any good will generated by Cuomo gets twisted into me making things political in what was allegedly otherwise is just 8thmaxim.com to a "T." I'm literally laying out successful governors on either side of the aisle.

I guess Ssmiff is right, some just want to talk about blame.

18. fl0at_

Where should they have sent them? The broom closet of the hospital? These people need large amounts of care. That's why they are in homes.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Rational thinking isnt his strength. Pointing fingers is. Just like him blaming the riots on the rt wing fool who broke windows. And blaming trump for portland, instead of the clowns who have caused 100 mil in damage. Its always somebody elses fault.

20. fl0at_

He has blamed the people that did the damage. He has blamed the Feds that attacked people for zero reason.

He stops short of blaming people who were peaceful, unlike yourself, who blames the peaceful people.

You are actually blaming more people than him, and blaming the innocent based on proximity.