Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Juve is trying to piss away the title, aren't they?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s pretty much over.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

I've done the math a few times on this, and i could still be wrong, but according to my calculations:

Serie A goals after 36 matchdays (2 remaining): 1,088
    EPL goals after 38 matchdays: 1,035

just saying

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I guess Italians don't know how to defend.

Villa pulls off the Mediocre Escape. I think 1 goal from a striker since Christmas/Wesley's injury? At least the defense stepped up since the break, and a random Egyptian winger scored all 3 goals in the two wins since the restart.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

There's not shit to watch during the day anymore.

6. Also didn’t hurt that goal line technology went momentarily blind and gifted them a point (which turned out to be the difference between survival and relegation) in that first game after the restart against Sheffield United. Plus one of Bournemouth’s best players not playing a single minute of the final nine games because his contract expired at the end of June and didn’t want to risk injury helped them too.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Ref stole a point against Crystal Palace in August, so I'm not too concerned with the Hawkeye deal. But once you put yourself in that position, you definitely have to ride your luck.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

Another day, another 2 goals and assist for Zlatan

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

[uck fay]ing hell. Pulisic scores an amazing goal...again. But, pulls a hamstring at the beginning of the second half. I think this kid may be the one we remember as the great American player that could have been if not for injuries. He simply can't stay healthy.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I've been harsh on the young man, but watching him the past couple months, if there is an outfield player that can match him, it MAY be Deuce in his prime. But I still think Christian, right now, is better than Deuce. His movement, his close control, its world class already. And that finish today was mag-ni-fique. But the injuries are worrying. I thought we might be past that phase as he looked like he bulked up a little in quarantine.

I still think the most important player for the USMNT is McKinnie, but Pulisic is by far the best.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

David Silva to Lazio is interesting

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Ooof Atalanta.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

Shitty way to lose. Oh well. I love the way they play but Gasperini is a douche

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Nashville SC first win of probably not very many last night

16. JohnnyQuickkick

Not bad. Might have to get on board.

17. Unimane

St. Louis is a solid soccer town and probably should've gotten an MLS team years ago.

18. Unimane

American Tyler Adams has the match winner in the 88th minute to send Leipzig to the Champion's League semifinals against PSG. The shit was a deflection, but Adams had a solid sub shift prior to the goal. One win away from being the first American in the final.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathe*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't even care if we win the UCL, we put 8 past Barcelona in one match.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

Barcelona is close to where Milan was 10 years ago. they're better equipped to dig out of it but their bills are that much bigger too