1998 florida game on sec network right now

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Ssmiff, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

2. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Too bad I cared more for my fisher price colletion of toys than football at this time.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

4. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

it's a glaring reminder what 2 decades of poor leadership from interviewed highly paid hand picked people by highly paid supposedly smart people will result in.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

tbh rewatching this game, it’s pretty boring. Didn’t seem like it that night though. Felt like the fate of the free world rested on every snap

MaconVol likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It did.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Al Wilson willed Tennessee to victory

A-Smith and Memtownvol like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

3 forced TOs

A-Smith likes this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Easily the tensest game I’ve ever been to. Been to a World Series game, an NFL playoff game, an NHL playoff game, and 2 Milan derbies. None of them has been like that.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Agreed. It's almost impossible to explain how intense that night was or just how consistently loud the stadium was (or how damn hot). I walked into the stands about an hour prior to kickoff and the buzz of electric energy was palpable. The only other time I felt this sort of white noise of excitement was the 1999 Notre Dame game.

I'm not sure it would even be possible to recreate that type of atmosphere today.

A-Smith likes this.
  11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Al Wilson single-handedly bought the free world 22 extra years.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The 1990 ND game was my second Tennessee game. We sat near the top of the upper deck. It’s usually not that loud up that high, but that’s the loudest I’ve ever heard the place. That Kelly interception at the end was pretty danged hard on my little boy spirit

justingroves likes this.
  13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

1990 ND is very underrated. That was one of my first games at Neyland also. We sat on the east sideline, well toward the top of the upper deck. I don’t remember the section, or much from the game, but I do remember leaving and thinking I’d never seen anything that wild in my life.

I think 98 UF remains the loudest game, from start to finish, that I remember. I hate to mention this game because it makes me angry just thinking about it, but I’d put 2015 OU close to the top of the list as well.

Single loudest moments I recall are 2004 Florida and 98 Arkansas.